AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Re: FAC script (featured)

7 years 6 months ago
LokiV7
More
Topic Author
Re: FAC script (featured) #703
(saw this earlier today)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago
LokiV7
More
Topic Author
Re: FAC script (featured) #4876
oh, just saw this was posted elsewhere too, didn't see that til now :)

6 years 11 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #7557
I uploaded a upgraded AFAC to mission builders/script folder, named "fac_mod_flare_arty.lua"

Additions PB's base script.
Added changeable markers from smoke to flare (recommend using green and orange as colors).
Added indirect fire control, can task artillery units to fire on marked targets. (MLRS are problematic, may fire too shallow)

6 years 11 months ago
LokiV7
More
Topic Author
Re: FAC script (featured) #7569
We talked a little about this on comms the other day -- any way, via chat or something, to specify specific lat/long, and have the game generate a single enemy infantry unit or something at that location, that the laser could then point to? I often get requests to lase specific buildings, and I can't. Trying to think of a way to see get something at that location to lase that the bombs could then hit.

6 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #7572
What about using a trigger zone? Not as dynamic but I can think of interesting ways to use that.

6 years 11 months ago
LokiV7
More
Topic Author
Re: FAC script (featured) #7579
I decided I don't think i'd want an infantry unit spawnable on demand, just cause people would use that to capture things without having to bring troops somewhere. :)

Was also thinking about having the ctld crates come out initially as trailers, and after you hover/pick one up, and bring it somewhere, dropping it makes it a jeep like now. and only jeeps can be unpacked into something. I keep overhearing "training" for new people in teamspeak recently as: "okay, here's how it works, you land here, request a crate, then land over here, and unpack it.", which is clearly not the point of that module. If there's 10 paladins coming my way, that should be because somebody spent a lot of work/time making that happen, not just spamming a button.

6 years 11 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #7581

Yeah, I definitely think there has been some abuse of the minimum spawn area for CTLD. It probably needs to grow, the only disadvantage to increasing the minimum distance to spawn a crate makes it tough to defend the logistics spawn points.

The new A-FAC script sounds pretty cool, different color options would be great!

6 years 10 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #7584

I think I can poke around in CTLD and see if I can put in an additional check on the crate.

6 years 10 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #7586

Added a cool down period for crate requests, adding the new script to the script folder. Default time is 30 secs. Named ctld_exploit_fix.lua

6 years 10 months ago
LokiV7
More
Topic Author
Re: FAC script (featured) #7588
Yeah, that's why I'm trying to think of a way to have the crates only be unpackable after they've been lifted off the ground, at least once.

6 years 10 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #7592
Unfortunately my AFAC script wont work with the CTLD deployed artillery units right now, will need to look into why that is the case.

6 years 10 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #7718
Uploaded FAC with illumination shell option to the scripts folder, still called fac_mod_flare_arty.lua.
Illumination shells requires artillery unit (can be any artillery, editor placed or CTLD) to be in range of target point. Can be called without FAC being on station or with a locked target. Will depoly illum 5km in front of the fac unit.

Tracer, may need to coordinate with you to grab the DCS log to figure out why it doesn't want to work on the F99th server. It seems to work in MP when I hosted on my local machine

6 years 2 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9233
Added new version to the scripts folder with example mission, hopefully I fixed the arty control breaking bug on the server.
File is fac_mod_flare_arty_mark.lua
Removed all older versions

New features.
Added dynamic AFAC detection, just name the group with "AFAC" in the name and it will make the player unit an AFAC, no more needing to edit the script file with new name. I plan on adding this functionality to CTLD at somepoint
Added Map marker functionality under Marker Type Menu. Made it so the AFAC can autogen a F10 map marker with info (Heading and Speed) on any currently lased target
Added laser code 1111 for Harriers

6 years 2 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9235
Awesome! Gonna see about throwing this in to Vegas Scythe. Thanks shadow.

6 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9237
Nice , thx shadow.

6 years 2 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9241
Anyone try it on the server yet? curious on if I have fixed the artillery control breaking

6 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9242
haven't had time to update anything myself.

6 years 2 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9248
New version with wide area recon feature in Scripts folder. Also added test mission.
New Features:
Add RECCE to group name to enable RECCE radio menu, will work with AFAC
Will mark on F10 all visible hostile units and static objects in a 10 km radius of RECCE unit. Messages will expire every 180 seconds
Should help find stuff in the Forests of 2.5

Updates to existing:
AFAC user marks will now expire 300 sec
Added altitude to Mark messages

If someone can load the Arty_test.miz and give the script a good run through it would be greatly appreciated.

6 years 2 months ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9251
Unfortunately it looks like the artillery control portion of the FAC script is not playing well with the F99th server, my guess is something in SLMOD. If someone is willing to try it on their machine and see if it works it will be greatly appreciated, it may help me figure out if the script is breaking because of the server or if it is something on my end.

However the RECCE and marker options look like they work, looking forward to seeing what people can do with these new options.

6 years 1 month ago
shadow
More
Re: FAC script (featured) #9270
2.5 broke the RECCE function. Now fixed, uploaded a new FAC script to mission builders, Will have 2dot5 in the name.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds