AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore....

7 years 6 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5283
...I'll will get THIS and thoroughly enjoy it!

<div class="spoilwrapper" style="margin:5px 0;font-weight:normal;padding:4px 10px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #dbdbdb;border-radius:4px;color:#333333;"><div class="spoiltitle" style="margin:0;padding:0;width:100%;"><span class="spoilbtn" style="margin:2px 5px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;font-weight:bold;display:block;cursor:pointer;color:#333;" data-show="{L_ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW}" data-hide="{L_ABBC3_SPOILER_HIDE}">{L_ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW}</span></div><div class="spoilcontent" style="color:#333333;display:none;padding:5px;border-top:1px solid #ccc;">Been wanting a good geopolitical simulator since last I played "Shadow President".</div></div>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5284
Wait, DEFCON isn't enough?

7 years 6 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5285

Lol.. That's pretty funny.

7 years 6 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5286
Nice! Is that VEAO's high fidelity flight dynamics in action? The weapons effects are light years beyond what DCS currently delivers.

7 years 6 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5288

Too right! It looks awesome! And there's also a CA version for those who feel the helo might tax their abilities...

7 years 6 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5290
Actually...

It isn't too bad, lol! I've spent worse three bucks before on many things, and it is quite entertaining, especially if you´re listening to something like this while playing it...

<a href="
" class="bbvideo" data-bbvideo="560,315" target="_blank">

So "MAGA: The Trump Presidency" was good for getting back into the geopolitical simulator game genre. Now, Sweeper seemed to be recommending "DEFCON". I've been following it for a while, now, and watching some game-plays of it. To me it seems that the object of the game is to find an excuse to start a nuclear war, where I'm expecting in good old " Balance of Power " fashion the object of being daring on international deals while managing to avoid a global conflagration. Not sure, I might be completely wrong, and it is the players on Youtube who miss-play it and give me that impression(?).

There seems to be quite a lot of new Geopolitical Sims out there now, and as I only want to get one good one, I have narrowed my choices down to;

Power and Revolution (To me it seems bogged down with excessive micromanagement detail).

Super Power 2 (Seems to be what I'm looking for, except there are a couple of bad reviews.)

Supreme Ruler 2020 (Looks interesting...)

If anyone here knows or has played any of these, and has a comment, please let me know what you think. Otherwise I'll just look around for "Shadow President" and play that again, after more than two decades (wow!).

7 years 5 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5558
Oh, no...

I MADE A MISTAKE!! AAAAARGH!!

I ended up deciding to get "Super Power 2". It is exactly what I wanted, and now I feel hooked... NO!

Good amplitude of detail in economy, and accurate representation of the internals of the countries of the world (as of the date it was first published). A more comprehensive and better interfaced version of "Shadow President", and not that hardcore micromanagement obsessive that every news flash is transmitted to the player (as seems to be the case on "Power and Revolution"). Now, I know a new "Civilization" is out, and I was a great fan of that, too, in the day, but it is more of a journey through alternate history, and not a geopolitical sim.

This is definately the one. Here am I starting out trying to figure Colombia's problems, lol!

Pleased with this one purchase. Perhaps too pleased!

7 years 5 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5561
when do we get to "grab her by the pussy" in that game? That's the part i want to play!! LOL

7 years 5 months ago
FIREDAWG
More
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5562
Dude, if a few of you guys are playing MP in that game, i'll buy it and join up....

7 years 5 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5576

Lol! The aforementioned *cough* incident came under the spotlight after the game was released, otherwise I am absolutely positive the developers of "The Trump Presidency" would, most undeniably and certainly, have included it in the game to "enhance our enjoyment" of the product. Hopefully, they will patch it in. With any luck!

Of course, we don't need that game anymore. Nuff said (where's the popcorn, I'm already enjoying this!)

@ FIREDAWG: Indeed. There's quite a bit of detail that should be got to grips with in "Superpower 2" before venturing into MP, as far as I can see at this point. But the possibilities are great. More interesting than working against each other from established, nuclear armament capable super powers with the risk of triggering a holocaust, I see interesting scenarios in which a group of weak and corrupt third world countries could be rescued in MP, and then move on to corner a local, dominant market in a concerted effort (ie; the Andean countries of South America versus Brazil, to name one!)

Reading the manual doc carefully is a must with this one, preferably backwards, as the economy description is in the last third of it, but in game is priority one.

PS: This is a game that actually tells you a lot about yourself that you probably didn't know. Your policies and reforms will cause certain indicators to shift and pretty clearly identify your own ideal government, military, international, and economic philosophy. Mine is classified, as it might cause an uproar, lol! Extraordinary analyzer!

7 years 5 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5716
Checking in. All my little "gaming time" recently has been on SP2. Got completely enthralled, but know what I'm doing with it a bit better now. Below, an example of my favorite type of scenario...

Angola, one of Africa's past "bad boys", in this scenario with it's experienced, nine division strength army of ex-UNITA insurgent soldiers, now regulars, under a disastrously disorganized and unprepared government, with an almost impossible to manage debt and a no hope trade and commerce situation. At the start, inflation was through the roof at 185%!

The opportunities for using military power in the sim are there, always, but it is seriously unwise to do so in the aforementioned state of affairs (remembering my attempt to re-annex Panama to Colombia, lol!). Mission one, save your country in all respects possible. Do what you have to, raise interest rates, take the bull by the horns and nationalize some critical industries which private companies wouldn't dare to look at in their current state, and go on an international recon for possible economic, development and market partners. Right here in the shot, I managed to do something right somewhere along the line during the first two years of the scenario, as I have the majority of my income from trade and not from personal income tax, have inflation under control, improving diplomatic relations with my chosen friends, international aid being flung at me by Latvia (on their own volition!), and slow but sure pay off quotas of the debt on the go.

Soon be time to get the guns out and see who's day I can ruin, lol!

PS:

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention; on one particular scenario I was playing, quietly going about the business of getting Bolivia back into a state where it might challenge Chile and recover its access to the Pacific coast, the USA and UK suddenly decided to settle their differences with China with and ICBM exchange. Interesting. Oh well, life went on, to a larger extent, afterwards...

Clearly, the sim authors haven't read Neville Shute's "On the Beach" :)

7 years 5 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5717
ROFL.

Really? The US and UK launched a first strike against China and after they were all dead everything was just fine? Nobody let Donald see this, lest he get any ideas..

That's awesome, this game already looked cool as shit but you just sold me on it.

7 years 5 months ago
runny
More
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5721
Looks like the most complicated game of all time.

7 years 5 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
I SWEAR, if YOU push ME anymore.... #5725

LOL! Only just hit me with you saying it that might be true...

It is on sale right now, BTW, along with some others. Might get Supreme Ruler 2020 later when I get back, to see if that's the second most complicated game ever.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds