AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0

8 years 2 weeks ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #502
I'm sure most of you have heard of Steal Beasts at some point, but if you haven't it's pretty much the DCS of tank simulation. Only better. The graphics are a little reminiscent of the pre-EDGE days, but the realism more than offsets any of those gripes.

Skip to ~37 sec, tried to set the link to do it but the embed doesn't want to cooperate.

Of course, if you've heard of it and looked in to it, no doubt the big reason you didn't end up getting it already was because it's normally priced around $115. Happened to look at the site today after listening to Kocrachon playing that arcade-ey BS World of Tanks and wouldn't ya know it, it's now down to $85 until they release the next iteration in a few months. Still steep, but within the realm of possibility for me, so I went ahead and got it.

Don't know what improvements 4.0 will bring, but 3.0 will suit me just fine for the time being. For realism junkies like myself and many of you guys $115 might not be that crazy for what you get, but $85 is infinitely easier to live with. If anyone else is interested, check it out and let me know if you end up getting it.

www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1361

There are also time-limited licenses available as well for much less, $10 for a month if you just want to check it out, but a realistic simulation of Abrams, Bradleys, Leopard IIs, and the Soviet scrap they'd shoot at in the Cold War is a definite keeper in my book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3646
"Please note that Steel Beasts Pro PE ships with a CodeMeter stick for software protection. An available USB port is required."

Had me interested until I read that. The 1990's called and they want their USB stick back. I don't like encryption tech like this. Seen enough of them go bad or get lost and is a pain dealing with it.

8 years 2 weeks ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3647
So you can do the month to month thing with out the stick. I would be a full buyer if not for the encryption methodology. Their loss. =/

8 years 2 weeks ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3648
I'll pick it up in a couple days for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

8 years 2 weeks ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3649

Lost my dongle in a move to Lemoore a few years ago and they would not replace it even though I had proof that I purchased it. Definitely not buying this again.

8 years 2 weeks ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3650

Thought I saw something for replacing a broken USB key, they wouldn't do the same thing for a lost one?

8 years 2 weeks ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3651
They didn't for me.

8 years 2 weeks ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3652
BTW, I think that "4.xx" update is a payware update.

Also kinda thinking about the year license...Had a blast with it before....Darn it!

8 years 2 weeks ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 #3653

Yeah it'll probably be a $40 upgrade but it's not coming out for another couple months still.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds