Project Cars VR Highlight

8 years 1 month ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Topic Author
Project Cars VR Highlight #454
Here's a link to a highlight on my twitch account of me trying out the Lotus 98T with the Oculus Rift DK2 and joystick. The sound is a little disappointing but still an absolute blast with the VR headset. This will have to do until the CV1 is released and Assetto Corsa supports it.

www.twitch.tv/gabriel8387/manager/v54698616/highlight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago
Narokuu
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3298
Link is broken, i believe this is what you meant to link

www.twitch.tv/gabriel8387/v/54698616

Looks like a lot of fun!

8 years 1 month ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3310
Nice! Very nice!

I didn't need any more convincing, I am after an Oculus as the very next acquisition, but a little more convincing doesn't hurt.

I like toottling around Nordschleife in the old roly-poly Lotus 25 in Assetto Corsa. It's a characterful sim experience! I also listened to this certain slightly dyslexic, Scottish guy explaining it a bit, too, from an old fave of mine doc about '70s Formula 1, "Quick and the Dead", Aka "Champions Forever". Wonder who he is, LOL!

8 years 1 month ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3314
Sounds like I may need to install AC on my PC again ahah. Have us a race or 2!

8 years 1 month ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3315
Grrrrrrrrrrrr now I want to get that.

Awesome video.

8 years 1 month ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Topic Author
Project Cars VR Highlight #3317
If you want let me know.

Sweeper check out Assetto Corsa, the only reason I got Project Cars was for the vr support. I can see why people would like the game but I much prefer the former.

8 years 1 month ago
runny
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3319
iRacing came out with the Nurburgring shortly after I let my account run out. They're also adding more GT cars. Everyone knows that GT cars are the coolest ones. MP4-12C anyone? Or maybe a R8? Perhaps a C6R for you 'muriuns! Aww yeah.

8 years 1 month ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3320
Yeah Sweep, if you're gonna pick up a racing sim definitely take AC over PC. PC looks a tiny bit prettier, but AC is just the better sim. Plus Cygon, Gabe, myself, and now I see Naro as well already have it.

8 years 1 month ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3324
Hmmmm...Half (not all...thx edit key) the Steam reviews say AC is kinda crappy.

Gonna wait for a sale anyway...

Edit 2: Ok, so all the negative reviews are up at the top! lol

8 years 1 month ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3327
I don't think Naro has AC lol

8 years 1 month ago
Narokuu
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3329
naa i dont, im not a car sim person. its a fun looking game though. All my money and time is tied up in my pit for now.

8 years 1 month ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3331

Yes, it is a very cool car sim. I like the set up pages. There's great opportunity for some sessions just shooting some engineering banter on TS and fiddling around with that and testing, whether we race each other in the end or not.

I haven't read any reviews, yet, just went ahead and enjoyed the classic Lotus cars, mainly, since G-Man recommended me the sim some time ago. What's the major gripe?

8 years 1 month ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3332
I think people were whining about MP, AI, and tire physics.

8 years 1 month ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3334
It's near impossible to be bang on with tire physics, taking into account side loading, wear (alignment and General), temperature, track surface, tread wear rating etc etc. I found it felt very close to real life, you'll never be bang on like I said, too many factors to take into account. MP could be worked on for sure. AI...well we know how those are in most games haha.

8 years 1 month ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3336
I'll add to that in support, largely. Setting up a server is not as simple as point and click and away you go, but nor is it ridiculous. It is a little bit more involved than a DCS server, but a while back I had one set up that G-Man and I had a good long bash on with no issues once it was going.

I don't see the problem with the tire physics, but on that count I do know there were a few complaints when there was an update, based mainly on the fact that some folk's phenomenal lap times went down a few seconds. I personally think a bit of realism was added. For example, on the high profile tires of the Lotus 25, you can literally feel the sidewall giving on overcooked entries into turns, if your running on too low a pressure. It is fair warning. On the R8, on the other hand, you can push turns like a lunatic, then suddenly, they give, like low profiles do, and you're facing the wrong way. I'd say they've done a good job based on that and more, regarding tires, and some guys are just peeved that they had to start learning it again.

Its fun, even though I'm no rocket, lol!

AI? This one's legit to an extent. I have played racing games with worse AI. In MS Indy, from a while back now, opponents behaved more like galley rams than competitors. Not so in AC, but if you do touch them, you always come off worse. They just wiggle a bit and go on, even in the worst collisions.

Heh, bit of a long two cents.

Edit: My own "observations" would be 1. No rain / weather and 2. No night, both exciting and significant factors, especially in endurance events.

8 years 1 month ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Project Cars VR Highlight #3338
Agreed, I like the tire physics, they feel relatively real in my opinion. It's such a hard thing to make perfect or close too and they did a great job. I would love to do endurance races at night or on a wet track, that would be phenomenal!

If anyone is interested, this is me driving locally. I do drifting 9 times out of 10 haha.

This is my car:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds