The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition)

7 years 2 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6769

Finally, a contribution of my own for the F99th missions forum.. Thank you to Tracer for walking me through 95% of the scripting stuff!

Blue Fang is a balanced player vs. player mission, in its current form tailored to our upcoming match with 16th AGR. Future versions may be retooled to support a more generalized style of play.

Briefing:
Fight for control of the 4 control point zones. Hold control points (CPs) to gain points, the team that reaches 12000 points first or has more points after 3 hours wins. The South CP provides 2 points/second, the remaining CPs each provide 1 point/second.

Command and Control (C2) objectives exist on both sides, eliminate them to disable SA-10s at the corresponding team's main base. Awards 1000 points upon destruction.

UH-1s and Mi-8s deploy troops, vehicles and SAM systems from the logistic pickup zones (marked with blue or red smoke in accordance with your team). Use CTLD option in F10 radio menu.

SA342s (Gazelles) serve FAC functionality in addition to their ATGM capability. Use FAC option in F10 radio menu.

One ground commander slot on each side may be used to coordinate air forces and command ground forces as seen fit.

Red Tasking:
Capture and hold control points to reach 12000 tickets or have more than the opposition at the end of 3 hours.

THREATS:
SA-10, SA-15, and several IR SAM and AAA SHORADS at main base
IR MANPADS at FARP
Radar/IR SAM systems and AAA deployable by helicopters
Player-controlled aircraft/helicopters

Blue Tasking:
Capture and hold control points to reach 12000 tickets or have more than the opposition at the end of 3 hours.

THREATS:
SA-10, SA-15, and several IR SAM and AAA SHORADS at main base
IR MANPADS at FARP
Radar/IR SAM systems and AAA deployable by helicopters
Player-controlled aircraft/helicopters

File Attachment:

File Name: F99th-Oper...99th.miz
File Size:2,132 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago
Toolbandit
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6770

7 years 2 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6774

ROFL. Loved the ending, thanks man.

7 years 2 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6776
Is this release version, open beta or open alpha? How many players is it designed to support and what are the aircraft types available?

7 years 2 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6781
Release, but Beta is the same version at the moment.

Each side has the following:
4x F-15C
2x Su-27
2x M-2000C
2x MiG-29S
6x A-10C
6x AJS-37
3x MiG-21Bis
3x F-5E
3x Su-25T
1x Ka-50
2x SA-342M (with FAC enabled)
3x UH-1H
2x Mi-8MTV2
1x ground commander

But I'm open to tweaking those numbers around if the 16th AGR guys are in agreement.

7 years 1 month ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6878
Replaced attached .miz with updated version.

I'm expecting to upload another when I get our custom Mirage skin sorted, but outside of finding more bugs to fix, that should be about it for the revisions.

7 years 1 month ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6920
Nice!, Any chance you could throw it up on the 1.5 server. I have no access to it and SL-mod doesn't seem to funciton for mission functions like restart and mission change? I did get some practice on Ronin though, 1 viggen, 3 sorties, and 3 dead chem plants and towers :) RB05's FTW.

7 years 1 month ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6921
I'll check the SLMOD thing but I keep having to put it back up on 1.5 even though it shouldn't cycle missions. Should just reload itself at the end. Definitely wanted to keep it up 24/7 for you guys to practice when you could.

7 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6922
It's now the active mission in 1.5 retail.

I had to move it from the beta. Not sure if that's what you wanted to do or not? or if that's the latest version.

Next time I see you logged in squid, I'll fix the slmod stuff.

7 years 1 month ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6923
Thanks guys,
yeah beta and 1.5 release are running the same DCS build. I'm hoping to get in some more strike practice this evening. I really want to be well practiced in the thing for Saturday's match. I'm honestly really excited to fly with everyone.

7 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6930
Check mission flags. Some are reporting that the F5 view function is working. I have it disabled on my client so I don't see it.

7 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6932
Actual that is a player setting. Turn it off then re-save mission.

7 years 1 month ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6933
Already done.

7 years 1 month ago
FIREDAWG
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6934
Was anyone tac-viewing last nights practice on Blue Fang?

7 years 1 month ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6935
I would love to see it. Sadly I keep recording off as it drastically affects my performance

7 years 1 month ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6936
Server is now running a standalone version of the mission which includes AI and a number of other changes to bring it more up to the standard of your average F99th mission. We can switch to the PVP version when we have enough people to support it.

7 years 1 month ago
FIREDAWG
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6937
mine and arctics joust last night...

www.facebook.com/Dan.Dan81.0048/videos/1194328483998308/

7 years 1 month ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6970
I don't know if there was a reason we're not putting up a map of the area of operations, like opposite team spying or what not? If it is, then admin can delete the following image...

A map image is missing from the briefing. I was having a bit of trouble getting the picture straight in my head as to objectives and what to do with them, from the briefing. I had a fly around it on the server last night and felt a bit lost (though, I was also very tired at the time). Probably my fault, as I've always had a funny way of getting to understand things :D ! So I'm asking for help, just to be sure. I'm catching up, as I had no idea I'd be able to attend. Nonetheless, I get this...

We (F-99th) are playing BLUE, right? By the way, it looks a great, balanced game scenario for the sort of "team skill test" it has in mind (pyro).

From the briefing/Situation.
Fight for control of the 4 control point zones. Hold control points (CPs) to gain points, the team that reaches 12000 points first or has more points after 3 hours wins. The South CP provides 2 points/second, the remaining CPs each provide 1 point/second.

From this, I get that the flagged in area about 15 miles south of Krasnodar will be the main area of concentration, as it provides the most points per second. It also appears to be a helicopter troop insertion intensive mission, as in the south I do not see much in the way of on site ground forces to move on the area any time quick.

I also foresee some need to SHORAD up CP-WEST ASAP. Correct me please, if my thinking is wrong, but the assets there will need some protection early on. Another bit of pressure on helicopter pilots. I think that this will apply whether we're playing defensively or offensively.

Pick up zones are only at the logistic sites, and not at the FARP itself? I didn't check that last night, but if so; does destroying buildings at the Logistic Site also disable it? In other words, if it gets knocked out in a strike, can it still provide hardware to the helicopters via CTLD menu? If it can get knocked out this way, it makes it a very important target to knock out on the other side, and defend on ours.

EDIT: OK, I've "discovered" the fall back secondary logistics sites nearer the bases. I was missing that. There's a lot on that map in a concentrated area! LOL! Again, my apologies, I'm sort of "thinking out loud" here while catching up on the SIT.

From the briefing/Situation.
Command and Control (C2) objectives exist on both sides, eliminate them to disable SA-10s at the corresponding team's main base. Awards 1000 points upon destruction.

On another thread, squid mentioned something about getting this early in his Viggen. I have no idea what the specialty of our opposition is, but whatever the case we're going to need to give him some CAP for that, while (most probably) still consolidating what I've pondered on above.

<span class="abbc3_strike" style="text-decoration: line-through">Who is doing what?</span> :D

I'm up for helicopter, SEAD or CAP, however you want. I'll leave CAS and Strike alone for this one.

Finally, for game rules, how many lives do we get each?

<span class="abbc3_strike" style="text-decoration: line-through">PS: Also, is the time of the event "pyro time", UTC or any other? Sorry, I didn't catch that.</span>

Scratch a couple of comments. Found the answers.

7 years 1 month ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6974
E99th (Ex-99th! lol) will hit the C2 objectives (Southeast side of AO) with 2x F-15C and 2x Su-27S if you guys don't mind.

7 years 1 month ago
FIREDAWG
More
Official F99th: Operation Blue Fang (16th vs. 99th PVP edition) #6975
Coming in a little late from work be about 1820 or 1830

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds