TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6053
The Capture of Echo Bay

SITREP:

The SJW separatists, statists, and communists have taken over Echo Bay!

RED TASKING:

We must hold onto Echo Bay at all costs! Our safe spaces are heavily fortified, but we may need to use CTLD to build more!
If we can sneak past their defense, and blow up their FUEL TANKS @ their FARP we can stop them before they start!

SMOKE RULES:
RED = OWNED BY RED
BLUE = OWNED BY BLUE
ORANGE = CONTESTED (BLUE & RED ARE IN THE ZONE)
GREEN = EMPTY - READY FOR CAPTURE.

BLUE TASKING:

The SJW separatists, statists, and communists having lost the 2016 election to MAGA DJT - having conspired to create as much havoc between now and the end of time as possible, these losers and hypocrites have overcome their aversion to weapons and have joined forces with other tyrants and despots of the world with their funny little hats and have massed Russian equipment in and around Echo Bay.

Instead of allowing these miscreants to use and control this area we've decided to nuke the place.

The Alpha Males are back and..

Hmm? What? What’s that you say? We should not nuke the place? Conventional weapons will do? But..

You sure?

Perhaps your right..

1. Your task then is to blow the hell out of the place! Knock out every OIL DERRICK, FUEL TANK, OUTPOST, HANGAR, WATER TOWER. Anything and everything that could be used as a 'safe space' for leftist garbage. It's time to take out the trash!

2. Move our forces into the zones marked with smoke to take over these vital areas.

3. MAGA.

SMOKE RULES:
RED = OWNED BY RED
BLUE = OWNED BY BLUE
ORANGE = CONTESTED (BLUE & RED ARE IN THE ZONE)
GREEN = EMPTY - READY FOR CAPTURE.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6055
This may be one of the greatest mission briefs ever.

7 years 3 months ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6056
love it :lol:

7 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6057
lol

I would be tempted to make a mission to take a similar cheapshot at the other side of the aisle, but with "MAGA DJT" at the helm I'm convinced it'd be way too dark to have comedic effect. Stuff like bombing the railroads leading to Mexican/Muslim concentration camps and responding to a bunch of rednecks rioting and occupying Groom Lake because of a fake news story which implicated the Clinton Foundation in a money laundering, White slavery, bestiality ring based in several of the aircraft hangars there would just be depressing because of the lengths you have to go to achieve hyperbole these days concerning our "conservative" countrymen.

7 years 3 months ago
VS-33 Doc
More
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6058
In honor and admittance of my dishonor...I love this mission you guys brewed up.

Sorry for ruining the other night guys. From deep down inside I truly am sorry.

Much Love
-Doc

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6059

almost..

"The Clinton foundation in a money laundering, pedo ring.. "

There we go.. Fixed it for ya. Now it's not fake news.

:)

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6076
Political Discussion continued here.

www.f99th.com/forum/27/876?p=6094#p6094

7 years 2 months ago
Neon67
More
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6184
Hi

Sorry if its not the right thread for this mission.

I discovered your server recently and really enjoy it. There are however some little issues with this mission so far :

Deploying a strella requires 3 crates, while Kub only 2 and BUK 3 IIRC. I would recommend to reduce the number required for the Strella

When the mission begins, it is really a race to deploy some anti aa at the FARP as Red. Blue chopper can easily come close and drop mortars or else just on our landing strip. Same goes the other way around. Not to mention choper are extremly vulnerable at any aircraft around. Would it be possible to add at least a few aaa or manpads at the beginning directly ? Just to setup a small basic defense perimeter for both blue and red FARPS ? Same goes for almost every base airfields

I noticed the Fuel tanks on the blue FARP are extremly difficult to destroy, even with rockets. Did you reinforce them somehow ?

Thanks

Kind regards

7 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #6185
It is the right thread. Thanks for posting.

Those are the default settings for CTLD - and thus every mission has these same settings.

I've removed the BUK - it was a test.
I've also removed the Troops that were Anti Air. - there were just to many man pads being deployed.
You can deploy 1 manpad via a crate.

The sam systems have been reduced to only allow 2 per side - people were spending the first hour building SAM sites and not playing the mission.

The fuel tanks are the same on both red and blue. They can be killed with 4-6 rockets from a helo. It's not even possible for me to beef them up or change their stats. I've blown this up easily on both sides.

The map is not balanced - on purpose - the blue team has the harder task. They must blow up close to 45 separate targets + they must move troops to 15 different zones and hold them all until won, all the while keeping all of the red armor out of the zones.

The red team on the other hand needs to blow up only 15 targets and they win.

6 years 8 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Capture of Echo Bay #8614
I've been playing around with the MOOSE api for DCS. I've added a scoring system to this mission. I've moved the old version into "Archived Missions" so if you need it you can find it there.

New one has _Moose in the name.

Let me know how that goes. I tested it locally best I could with the current state of DCS. If this works out I will add similar to other missions as well as some of the other many features that the MOOSE api has to offer.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds