TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #371
WELCOME PILOTS TO: The Battle of Moapa

SITREP:
Russian ground forces have established a forward operating base where their ground forces are being churned out at an alarming rate. Moving down the I15 towards Nellis.

RED TASKING:
TO WIN - DESTROY THE 4 BUILDINGS AT NELLIS MARKED WITH BLUE SMOKE

*FIGHTERS START IN AIR*

*HELOS START AT FARPS*

*OUR FARPS are BLUE's MAIN TARGET*
-We need to build as much AA as possible.
-We can extract certain groups of vehicles and move them closer to the battlefield.

BLUE TASKING:
TO WIN - DESTROY ALL OF THE BUILDINGS AT WP1

This can be done by ground commanders moving forces to the end of the I15 Highway and destroying all the buildings there (this is the enemy FARP) or by CAS Sorties.

Destroy any moving vehicles!! They are headed for our hangers which support our aircraft. If these are destroyed, we done for!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2716
Mission is up now.

8 years 2 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2723
This is a cool mission, though universally there were complaints on TS about stuttering glitches, and on the first run of it there were reports low FPS (most I heard had been claiming down to 20 to 30, I was getting 45 at the time). The general theory regarding was that there were too many simultaneous moving units. There was also a good number of us on it last night. Heard some other reports about placement of FARPs clashing with scenery here and there.

Looking at the positive side, it is a novel and ingeniously imaginative mission squeezed out of the airfield sparse NTTR. Great work! Listening to the TS, I know we all had a lot of fun playing it! Pity I had to ditch out early, but I kept CTD'ing.

8 years 2 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2725
Yeah, definitely felt like it has incredible potential, it just become unplayable after a solid 20-30 minutes. My frames were seldom an issue, I only dropped below 30+ like 2 or 3 times and for only a couple of seconds, but I saw all kinds of warping. At its worst it was almost as much as when we tried to host on Kocrachon's virtual server thing.

8 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2726
Weird. Not that much going on compared to other missions.

I suspect the server needed a reboot. Changing missions is not enough to clear the memory it uses. The dcs instance must be completely shut down and restarted.

The alamo mission potentially has 10x the number of moving units.

I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem.

Will fix farp placements.

8 years 2 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2728
I did shut down both 1.5 and 2.0 versions of DCS and restarted 2.0 alone to run the mission and it ended up the same 20-30 minutes in.

8 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2729
I'll try taking out some of the sams. Really, there is less going on on this one. I'm surprised it's an issue.

8 years 2 months ago
Arctic
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2730
Outside of the performance troubles, this is easily the most fun I've had with Nevada. Huge practice on my helo skills trying to panic-transport AA cargo, and did more for my Mi-8 skills than anything in recent memory.

8 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2732
I've made a new version and removed ALL the SAMS in the mission. Players will need to use CTLD to build their own air defenses.

I've also shrank the size of the mission briefing images. The size of the mission file went from 7.1MB down to 2.9MB - should help when new players are connecting and having to download the mission file.

Mission name is: F99TH_Battle of Moapa_NoAA

8 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2746
Only 1 version now. (no sams unless CTLD is used)

Adjusted the red ground paths. Seems there is some bug in the map or the game that makes ground units crawl slowly when interacting with roads. Best to just leave them off road at the beginning or they pile up at various points on the map and either just drive around in slow circles or stop altogether.

No matter what I do, the ground AI is terminally stupid. They just decide to come to a crawl or stop on a difficult piece of terrain. I give up. Ground Commanders will just have to unstick them.

*PUNCHES DCS IN THE FACE*

Added a side mission for helos:
SIDE MISSIONS: (Adds blue ground units)
Trapped Equipment - Several of our ground forces met resistance in the town of Amber as they were moving towards the front. HELOS are to Deliver 10 troops each to the blue smokes located near the small town of Amber. Follow the road SE from Moapa, through Glendale, Jackman and into Amber. Once there eliminate any hostile forces near the blue smokes and drop off troops.

8 years 2 months ago
Eightbit
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #2753
The couple of times have flown this mission these past nights has been a blast. It really gives me an excuse to fly the SU25.

Thanks for another awesome piece of work Tracer!

6 years 3 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Battle of Moapa #9204
Was flying red helos on Moapa this morning and dropped a crate near the blue smoke at the blue forward FARP and promptly spawned in blue reinforcements... I guess it doesn't matter what side you are on to trigger the reinforcements.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds