TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #309
WELCOME PILOTS TO: HAMMER AND THE ANVIL

SITREP:

Russian forces, after having performed a 'Red Dawn" manuver on the Hoover Dam & Boulder City area and has pushed U.S. forces all the way back to Groom Lake despite our best efforts in that other mission.. :)

There are no re-spawning units. Use your ground forces wisely!!

RED TASKING:
Our Task is simple: HOLD YOUR GROUND.

We can't give up a single inch. This is our foothold. This is our first and last stand. If we don't hold our forces flying in from mother Russia will have no place to land. From here, we will invade the rest of the states.

HELOS: Look for orange smoke. Deliver troops to these locations to enable long range SA10 SAM Sites.

BLUE TASKING:
Our loss to the Russian forces at Boulder City was devastating. We've been pushed all the way back to Groom Lake. Their advancement stopped however as we have significant air cover and ground forces stationed in the area. We believe they are content to hold the ground they have gained, which is significant.

Pilots and Ground commanders need to work together to both eliminate Russian ground forces, and take back Las Vegas via Creech AFB.

Moving your ground units onto the enemy airfield will capture the field for your team once you outnumber the other side.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #2271
Those damn Russians and their "red dawn" maneuvers.. Where's a ragtag team of high school kids when you need 'em?

8 years 4 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #2272
Darn! I was hoping all of the P-51 and Mi-8 wrecks I left everywhere would have stopped them.

8 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #2275
found some bugs in one of the scripts that I haven't figured out yet.

will post here when it's working correctly.

8 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #3122
It seems that while ED often introduces bugs with out telling us.. they also fix things with out telling us..

The bug that was causing this mission not to function correctly appears to have been fixed.

** YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SPAWN AT BASES YOU DO NOT OWN **

For example:
When the mission starts. Blue only owns Groom Lake - if you try to spawn anywhere else - you will just end up in observer mode. You'll receive no message.

This will cause some confusion with some players "hey! why can't I get in the xxx at xxx".

Shadow has a script that does a better job of this and warns the player that they need to pick a different a/c at a base that they own - but this script is still not working. But the old fashion way of doing it (a group deactivate on the player A/C) is now working again. (this does cause a loss to the player I've noticed)

Perhaps shadow can take another look at his script now that they have fixed the group deactivate bug.

But for now.. this mission is playable - just have to READ THE BRIEFING to understand the rules as to which a/c you can spawn in and when.

8 years 1 month ago
Narokuu
More
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #3125
This looks like fun

8 years 1 month ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #3127
I can't wait for Russ to start in on Matt Wagner for not telling us ED actually fixed something. :)

8 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #3128
Or.. perhaps it never was supposed to work correctly.. but they recently broke something so now it works. This way Russ can maintain his integrity and only be negative towards matt wagnar.

8 years 1 month ago
Hawss
More
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #3130
Russ could be Matt Wagner in disguise.

8 years 1 month ago
FIREDAWG
More
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #3136
had some lag issues from the Bukus of armor on the ground. Also is there anyway we can get rid of the Large objects, bring them back down to normal size?

8 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Hammer and the Anvil #3138
Bet it's the infantry. I'll reduce some number of units and check the object settings.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds