AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

can a hawk site be jammed??

7 years 6 months ago
mohawk
More
Topic Author
can a hawk site be jammed?? #5307
I was wondering this after being in Moapa with 3 loaded hawk sites man pads and Vulcans and still get shot down and the player/AI fly right through the middle of Moapa without being shot at by hawks or any of the other ground to air defenses... so my question is can all that be jammed??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
can a hawk site be jammed?? #5308
If by "jamming" you mean "the AI goes bat shit crazy and refuses to do anything that makes even the remotest sense"...

Then yes they can be jammed.

<a href="
" class="bbvideo" data-bbvideo="560,315" target="_blank">

7 years 6 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
can a hawk site be jammed?? #5314
DCS pretty much doesn't model actual "jamming" at all, but there are plenty of ways that friendly SAMs will make total asses of themselves and let you get killed by enemy air well within their engagement zone. I might be a tad biased being that I'm a frequent CAP flyer, but my advice is that there is no replacement for a real-deal human-flown friendly fighter to keep the Red air at bay. Hawks will eventually pick off most AI that fly within their engagement zone long enough, but there's no guarantee that it won't take them way too long to actually keep you from getting tagged yourself. And if it's a player-controlled enemy, all bets are off.

7 years 6 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
can a hawk site be jammed?? #5318
TL;DR: DCS is just retarded sometimes.

If you activate your jammer before the SAM's max range it will reduce launch range by 30-70% depending on the system.

If you activate it *after* reaching the SAM's Rmax, I don't think jamming does anything.

Jamming will not affect launched missiles or do much of anything that a real self-protection jammer (SPJ) would do IRL.

7 years 6 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
can a hawk site be jammed?? #5322
Hah! When I first read the title I thought of it as a jammed launcher (as in mechanically stuck through lack of "WD-40 servicing", like...). ROFL!

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds