AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Splash and Crash on new computer

6 years 11 months ago
corn950
More
Topic Author
Splash and Crash on new computer #7747
Hello everyone, Having an issue with my new desktop at home. I have never been able to get DCS to play after the splash screen.
Win 10 Pro
i7-6950X @ 3.00Ghz
Dual GTX 1080 Founders
64 GB Ram
Acer X34

With 1.5 I get a DX11 Shader renderer Error right after the splash screen.
With 2.0 I can load all the way in as soon as I load a mission it hangs up and get the windows error that is has stopped working and shuts down. any help would be awesome...

Thanks
Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago
runny
More
Splash and Crash on new computer #7748
I assume you've updated all the drivers for your new rig?

6 years 11 months ago
corn950
More
Topic Author
Splash and Crash on new computer #7749
all drivers are updated

6 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Splash and Crash on new computer #7751
Everything else okay? No occasionally flickering desktop?

I know the fps is going to suck for a moment, but just for a test, bypass the GTX 1080s, use the onboard graphics, and see if it still happens. (You'll probably need to take them out, if you can't temporarily disable your PCIe slots from BIOS).

These GTX 1080s seem to be quirky beasts. I had some initial issues with my own, and they play up in a way that makes you think there is something up with the OS, rather than the GPU's.

If you single out that it is the GPU setup, knock the refresh rate down on the monitor, and turn off Vsync on everything.

6 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Splash and Crash on new computer #7755
also might try pulling one of the cards and see if all is well.. then swap the cards and check it again.. see if both cards will run successfully one at a time..

Maybe it's the SLI config itself that DCS doesn't like.

6 years 11 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Splash and Crash on new computer #7757
Yeah, the only thing that jumps out to me as a potential source of trouble is the SLI. Nvidia seems to very grudgingly support 2-way SLI as a holdout, but otherwise it seems like they'd just have everyone run single cards again. And with a developer as lazy as ED, I could imagine them jumping on that "F SLI" bandwagon very enthusiastically, but I don't recall having seen them mention anything about it one way or the other.

But that's a helluva rig you've put together there. Well done.

6 years 11 months ago
corn950
More
Topic Author
Splash and Crash on new computer #7758
I keep thinking the same thing, but everything else I can play with zero issues. no desktop flicker. Monitor refresh is set at 75, ill disable Vsync and see if that helps.

Edit.... Nope same issue..... DCS has stopped working!!!

6 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Splash and Crash on new computer #7762
What?

You've tried the trouble-shooting with the 1080s taken out, or just with one (as per Tracer's suggestion)?

If so, it is almost undoubtedly a DCS install problem, then.

PS; Or do you mean you've only tried with the Vsync off, as yet? In any case, make sure it is set to off in DCS options AND in the NVidia control panel. And while you are there, make sure DSR is turned off on Global settings, too.

Aaand...

What make are the GPUs? EVGA? They probably won't need it, but there was some firmware flash out for the GTX 1080, for older ones. I checked with mine, while I was trouble-shooting my issues, but it already had it applied stock.

6 years 11 months ago
corn950
More
Topic Author
Splash and Crash on new computer #7769
I just did the Vsync. the cards are actual Nvidia cards. so I checked all drivers again, made sure the settings were correct. I didn't want to start pulling GPU's and swapping because everything else is working flawless. I updated the BIOS and the chipset drivers and was able to get it going for now... I will trouble shoot it more when I get back from Iraq. My laptop works great still so I will be on a lot as soon as a get back over with Tom....

6 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Splash and Crash on new computer #7772
It would seem pyro is wholly right about SLI being unsupported on DCS. I found some thread at the NVidia forums about it here. It is over a year old, but 1.5 and 2.0 are both mentioned. It would seem from the content that there is a way to get it to work, after some "elbow grease" making a profile. Too bad, but good luck anyway. :(

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/903615/sli/dcs-series-sli-/1/

6 years 11 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Splash and Crash on new computer #7775
Dude... thats terrible luck. SLI works fine on your lappy top. But big daddy PC shits the bed?!

...figures.

6 years 11 months ago
corn950
More
Topic Author
Splash and Crash on new computer #7778

Exactly, I played 2.0 a bit last night but you would think with my setup it would be flawless.. its more stable on the laptop....

THANKS ED.....lol

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds