AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Re: X55 Ghosting issue

6 years 10 months ago
Narokuu
More
Topic Author
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7477
As the title says, i am unable to play due to my HOTAS, randomly ghosting keys. have gone through every possible situation. Cannot figure out why.

Bought a brand new powered USB hub, it only seems to happen on the Throttle, the stick never does it. have contacted logitech/Saitek and they have given me the typical crap. drivers software blah blah. if i had the money i would just get a new one. Sadly its not an option. So im Sol until otherwise noted.

If anyone has any miracle cures or advice, i am all ears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago
Brady
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7492
All I've ever really heard as far as ghosting with the X55 is that it's due to lack of power to the USB's. I would try plugging both usb's into the MOBO and see if that solves it. I have an X55 as well, but have never had any problems with ghosting. Hope you find a solution!

6 years 10 months ago
LokiV7
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7493
VoiceAttack all the buttons .. !

6 years 10 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7494
how long have you had the X55, i had issues with mine shortly before one of the hat switches quit, its most likely wore out and cables are fraying, look up any X55 in depth review (where they take it apart) and saitek decided not to loom the massive amount of wires that are inside the throttle. i went through 2 of them before the third one they sent me was acceptable, of course this was after they had a mistake and sent me an X56 as a were sorry it took so long thing... realistically i feel as though it was a mistake on their part cause the X55 came with the replacement date for the original warranty claim.. anywho its probly a mechanical issue, wires related... if i was in the market for a hotas right now, it would definitely be thrustmasters T16000M Flight control system ( www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS...eywords=thrustmaster ) though not as many buttons, i feel this is a viable option for those who cant spend the 400+ for the Warthog Hotas... or you can contact saitek support and continuously harrass them until they allow you to ship it off to them at your cost, to recieve a refurbished one thats hopefully better than yours

6 years 10 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7499
I heard from Naro that he has since fixed the issue (at least until we jinx it by talking about it and it comes back up). He turned off the LEDs and it decreased the power draw to a level where the ghosting stops. Apparently it doesn't matter if it's on a powered USB hub or what, Saitek just wants to punish you for your fascination with bright lights.

6 years 10 months ago
Brady
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7507
Ah ha, I never have the lights on. I'll recommend that next time around.

6 years 10 months ago
Narokuu
More
Topic Author
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7509
Thanks everyone for all of the help, pyro is correct its always the LED's that ruin peoples fun. But this does to seem to fix it. ill be going through each air frame that i fly today on 1.5 and 2.0 to confirm but i was able to fly multiple A10c flights without my engines being cut off, So for me that is a victory, also when i tab to teamspeak or other window, its not SPAMMING a command into said window. That was the most frustrating part of it

All in all a victory. i Like my X55, really didn't want to have to invest in another one

As for Voice attack Loki, i NEED to start using that again, i use the crap out of it in Elite dangerous as its invaluable. i just get lazy and forget about it.

Thanks to all who responded, make sure we pass on that when it comes to LED's we just say NO. :lol:

6 years 10 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7512
A bit off topic, but I'll report it here just the same, as the root cause of my own problem always should be considered, too.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Started getting problems with full and free movement of the axes in DCS. I even dismantled the joystick to see if there was anything pinched, chafing or frayed.

Thinking about it, the problem "coincidentally" started just after a Win 10 update. I found the work around by replugging in the joystick every time after launching DCS, and everything is good again. Don't know what they do... :unsure:

6 years 10 months ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #7525

jinx it

jinx it

jinx it

jinx it

4 years 1 month ago
big peltch
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #9542
I just had the same issue with my X55. It started ghosting on key 18-19 when modulating the throttles, which ended up shutting my APU down right in the middle of a mission and engagin the autopilot inadvertently. Lots of Fun. Took the base of the throttle off yesterday and did not see any frayed wire, however, I did not took off the throttle handles, so the problem could be there. ANyhow, I am SOL as well until I figure this one out or opt to play without any key bindings (which would definitely sux...)

Just a heads up that if you dont see me for a while, is because of SAITEK.

Cheers,

Big Peltch

4 years 1 month ago
Narokuu
More
Topic Author
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #9543
Peltch i had opened up mine as well the frayed wiring is on the plastic clips that try to keep them together, before they go into the throttle itself, my left side throttle still doestn work well but i was able to repair a few of the wires

4 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Re: X55 Ghosting issue #9544
I have a x55 I'm throwing away if anyone wants it for parts.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds