AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Red Flag Rumble AAR and thoughts

4 years 5 months ago
Narokuu
More
Topic Author
Red Flag Rumble AAR and thoughts #9531
First And Foremost, for those that came out to the Rumble for the F5s Vs Mig-21's Thank you, the turnout was great and the event in my opinion a great success this time around, huge thanks to the 104th for hosting

That being said i noticed a few things that i would like to improve on with the members that flew, i was speaking with Rusk and we came to a conclusion

From a GCI perspective (i was not flying) i had a great time and enjoyed the rounds, however a few things i am personally going to work on are faster and smarter BRA calls, and helping the pilots get an aspect on incoming and outgoing planes. I.E: bearing range, and altitude, but i will also call if they are higher or lower than the pilot, hoping this will help target acquisition in the fight.
Rusk and i are going to get together this week and run some more training, for those that flew and those that didn't i encourage anyone interested in learning flight ops in a brevity environment to come out and join, its fun training and really keeps you on yours toes, its fast paced mentally stressful and incredibly rewarding. If anyone has question, or other insight, drop them here, or hit me up on discord or team-speak. I look forward to GCI'ing for everyone again, and will do better next time.

Fly safe o7
The following user(s) said Thank You pyromaniac4002

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Red Flag Rumble AAR and thoughts #9534
Took me a full 8 minutes to overcome the bewilderment of discovering a forum post that I or another admin did not start. Awesome. And an opportunity to use the "thank you" thing now that we're back on a Kunena forum.

RFR was a damn good time, as I fully expected. And you did a bang up job with the GCI. You had mentioned that you regretted not saying whether a bandit was "above or below" rather than just calling out their angels, and that could definitely be helpful in a steam-gauge aircraft like the F-5 where it's not so quick and easy to understand what angels one is currently at in the middle of a fight, but ultimately that's really an "icing on the cake" functionality. Feel free to do it as you're able to, but when you need to start needing to triage that'd be one of the first things to go. In more modern aircraft with a HUD or HMD displaying their altitude, that's entirely on the pilot to keep track of so please cut yourself some slack in that case. Happy to practice F-5 as a more regular thing, or do more focused air-to-air stuff in general; it's been a long time since we fielded a legitimate team that can go toe-to-toe in air-to-air and I've definitely missed that.
The following user(s) said Thank You Narokuu

4 years 5 months ago
Narokuu
More
Topic Author
Red Flag Rumble AAR and thoughts #9535
yeah anytime someone wants to setup a flight, practice or anything i am available to GCI. i had an absolute blast that night, and i think with some sharper training, we can and will come out on top with everyone alive. i want to be feared in red flag.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds