DCS Q&A for 23 August 2015

8 years 8 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
DCS Q&A for 23 August 2015 #136
DCS Question and Answer video for 23 August with L-39 video.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS Q&A for 23 August 2015 #1288
he mentioned they are working on a new campaign for the Ka-50 to be released with 1.5...

WHY!??!? Why are they wasting time on THAT??

Nothing against the Ka..

But why are they wasting time on stuff like that?

There are so many problems that could be fixed or .. hell.. I don't know... RELEASE EDGE ALREADY!!

I actually turned off the video and didn't even watch the whole thing. :( - He's flying around in a A/C that I don't care about, talking about a version (1.5) that I don't care about.. and single player campaigns which I don't care about for a niche aircraft that I don't care about.

Boring.

<sub style="vertical-align: sub; font-size: smaller;">*I submit that I may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed and I'm just grumpy.</sub>

8 years 8 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1290
In Soviet Russia, game develops you. Very little they seem to dedicate much effort on has made a whole lot of sense over the years, I suspect they just can't help it.

Attachments:

8 years 8 months ago
nickexists
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1291
While I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to be putting effort into, I'm still pretty stoked for a new KA50 campaign.

8 years 8 months ago
runny
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1292
I spent the last 3 hours intermittently thumbing my grievances with ED into my phone only to have my phone eat it because the form was from a old session..

I may or may not type it all out again but bottom line is ED needs to STFU until they have something digital to back up their filthy lying mouths.

8 years 8 months ago
Mataman
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1307
I'm not going to bust on the same old jokes about DCS but I was wondering hows the traffic over at ED? Besides the new folks into the game I'm sure all the veterans are moving on

8 years 8 months ago
Toolbandit
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1308
So Matt Wagner called me at the office yesterday and wanted me to inform my mates that he actually meant "September 2019", therefore its gonna be just a little bit longer folks!:)

Attachments:

8 years 8 months ago
runny
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1312
A little bit longer until what? In November 2014 they said DCS 2 would come out in Jan 2015 or possibly even sooner.

Now DCS 2 isn't even a thing, 6 months later we're talking about DCS 1.5. What that means to me, besides that someone lied, is all the BS promises are now even less likely to actually happen.

More likely, we will get an amazing new map that took years to make. It's a huge deal, yet something that a single person can do in a more detailed ARMA map as a hobby in a matter of months. We will get another aitplane that doesn't fit in with the rest of the game and is utterly uninteresting, and maybe new smoke. Horray.

I suspect that DCS was made by soneone else and they just gave ED a run-down on how to make airplanes before they left. Basically, ED seems to know nothing about their software or community.

8 years 8 months ago
Toolbandit
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1313
Well said Runny!

8 years 8 months ago
runny
More
DCS Q&amp;A for 23 August 2015 #1318
I keep using the phrase "we'll get" but actually, the plane will probably be $40 and the map will cost us. It's a crappy DLC being touted as a new game. Or lately, halfway to a new game!

Of course every DLC comes along with updates to the main game, like smoke in this case I guess. Honestly things like fixing issues that have been around since the game was released is not even on the table. Neither are some features that are pretty much required like support for multiplayer servers. That stuff wasn't even planned for DCS2.

Even if you're excited for the map and the airplane, that's jusr more DLC and it's not something to write home about. What you're left with is a general game update, regardless of what number they assign to it or what meaning you assign to the number.
So on the topic of DCS updates: For me the last good one was in 2013 where they fixed the memory leak which caused servers to crash every 20 min. Since then it's my opinion that the game has become progressively worse with every consecutive update. The AFM ruined the Flamker for me, the missiles are less fun than ever before, and nothing was fixed that seemed to be a pressing issue. Opinions on specific updates may vary but you can see then why I'm not looking forward to this a while lot. If they mess up a little bit wirt every little update, what happens in a 'big' update?

I'm not one of the those people who've been flyin since lomac (and people who never shut up about being a game geezer are annoying) but when I got FC3 it required the original FC. Since I had it anyway I fired it up just for shits. Beyond the construction stripes around every button in the GUI (which I believe May have influenced Mr. 99 heavily) the rest of the game was almost identical to FC3. We're talking 3 complete generations of the game here. ED was recycling old shit before EA made it cool!

Even the big cheese of ED has a forum sig saying "everything is subject to change". The one guy that you'd be most inclined to trust regarding game info excuses himself from his word in every single post he makes. The irony is incredible.

Oddly enough at the end of saying all that, I'm not mad at ED. Reason being that I never believed any of it to begin with. I don't care when they announce a F-18, I don't care when they announce a new map or game or plane or anything. It's false until I can click the download button.
As a result, I play for what it is today and I don't think about all the stupid stuff going on behind the scenes.

If I had bought in though, like I did with COH2, then I'd be pissed off.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds