6 years 7 months ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
The passing of Ralfi #8958
Very sad to hear of his passing, I always loved his videos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
The passing of Ralfi #8959
Page not found. Is that a Hoax?

6 years 7 months ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More

6 years 7 months ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
The passing of Ralfi #8961
If it's a hoax it's in terrible taste.

6 years 7 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
The passing of Ralfi #8962
"Confirmed fake by anonxvi in discord.
This thread is locked, and any other threads created without proof on this topic will be removed." From Hoggit

6 years 7 months ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
The passing of Ralfi #8963
I don't understand why people would think that's funny. In my world that's totally unacceptable and not the kind of thing anyone would do. Just gose to show the internet is an awful place.

6 years 7 months ago
Narokuu
More
The passing of Ralfi #8964
That is super crappy of someone to do. Coopers right, jokes are ok but thats just too far.

6 years 7 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
The passing of Ralfi #8973
It reeked of bullshit from the beginning. People said he was drinking while livestreaming the previous evening and just kinda trailed off and left, like you might do when you're drinking, so someone seized on the moment and blew it up to "death by alcohol poisoning." Having spent some time in the world of douchebaggery at the more competitive end of World of Warcraft, this felt pretty familiar. Though obviously it is more rare to see in DCS.

Since I wasn't buying the "RIP Dood" story until I saw some sort of local news article or an actual obituary, I took the whole thing as an example of how silly all of the hype around him is. He's made some good videos, a few of them great even, but come on, the guy isn't like "A GOD AMONGST MERE MORTALS." I've seen him in game and fought with and against him, he does a lot of editing in those videos to look as good as he does. Cooper, for example, is a hell of a lot better at what he does but only amongst his most frequent victims do I hear

..but whenever I've seen Ralfidude enter a virtual room it's like a hush falls over the crowd. :lol:

Anyways, glad he's not dead, but no more than I have been any other day when his life/death status was not in question.

6 years 7 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
The passing of Ralfi #8974
never heard of him. :-?

6 years 7 months ago
Narokuu
More
The passing of Ralfi #8976
Yeah i have to admit i never heard of the guy until this post.

Update: his twitter has posted about it,

"So I'm alive. Dunno who started that rumor, was funny, but thanks for all the kind words I guess. Haha. See you guys soon."

This was posted 2 days ago.

6 years 7 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
The passing of Ralfi #8977
So, this guy is like the Paris Hilton of DCS then?

6 years 7 months ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
The passing of Ralfi #8978
hahaha...I saw his tweet over the weekend and got a laugh from what he said - but just assumed it was more buffoonery from him and his group. I admittedly ride his hype wagon. I've only been in DCS a few years and his videos were tremendously helpful for me and how I learn. There was a time when my youngest (now three) wouldn't fall asleep without a Ralfidude video playing during his infancy (mostly cause I'd put those on during his feeding times - DCS dad of the year material). He's in a few of my early Blue Flag videos when Sweeper and I would fly with his group (flying potato I think is what they're called).

I do take it with a grain of salt however - his live streams are much much different than his youtube produced material. Much to what Pyro said below - there is a proceeding reputation that follows him. I've seen him on our 2.0 server a couple times in the past year - although he flies mostly now under an alias. If you pay attention in his vids you'll know what a couple of them are.

I'd certainly say he's a DCS celebrity, if that exists. His SU-25t video, where he completely loses his wing is one of my favorites if you've never seen any of his content.

6 years 7 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
The passing of Ralfi #8979

My favorite is him jettisoning some stuff in his A-10 with linebacker in trail - below him. He didn't like it..

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds