RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion

6 years 10 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8088
RAZBAM's teaser for a CH-53E Super Stallion. I, for one, really want this to happen. The Super Stallion has always been one of my most wanted aircraft to have in a high fidelity simulation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago
runny
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8092
Yes please. This has always been the poster boy of badass helicopters in my opinion.

6 years 10 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8094
Would be the awesome! I would pay high dollars for that module.

6 years 10 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8098
In terms of utility-focused helicopters, there is nothing I would like to see more than a Super Stallion in DCS. Would definitely like to get some pictures of their work that aren't covered up by Bugs Bunny some point soon.

6 years 10 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8101

...and something that looks like a gladius blade across the screen behind him. What is that supposed to be?

Yeah, Super Stallion. We need something that could really carry the things we pretend the UH-1 can carry. Maybe some daring mock Pave Low stuff, too!

I'd look into obtaining, certainly :)

6 years 10 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8104
Pave Low is the code name of a modified USAF HH-53B/C. The Pave Low modifications enhanced the night/all weather penetration capabilities of the Sikorsky S-65 airframe by adding terrain following radar, FLIR, improved precision navigation equipment and defensive aids.

The aircraft RAZBAM are teasing is a USMC CH-53E Super Stallion. The company designation for the Super Stallion is S-80. The CH-53E is a prominent tool for TRAP missions. TRAP (Tactical Recovery of Aircraft and Personnel) is different from CSAR in that it concentrates on pre-briefed recovery efforts for both personnel and aircraft/equipment. CSAR is an alert type operation that may or may not require a significant amount of searching for personnel but does not include the recovery of aircraft or equipment (Which is why the USAF and USN can get away with only using H-60's for the mission even though long range is optimal). Part of the reason the USAF has not invested in heavy lift helicopters like the CH-53E to replace its MH-53M's is that CSAR requires range and speed and while the S-80 (and especially the S-80E/MH-53E Sea Dragon) have range they do not have the speed. That lead the USAF to purchase the CV-22B Osprey as a replacement for the MH-53M's in the CSAR/SF infil/exfil roles. The movie "The Sum of All Fears" showed a hollywoodized USMC TRAP Team recovering the president. In real world operations two examples of TRAP teams being employed for personnel recovery were the 22 March 2011 F-15E crash in Libya and the rescue of Capt. Scott O'Grady in June 1995.

www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a404913.pdf

Here's a video of a TRAP recovery with a load swing issue.
[BBvideo=560,315]
[/BBvideo]

6 years 10 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8105
Holy hell. They did not land that Chinook very far from that structure there.. lol

Pave Low would be an awesome addition too. Or Pave Hawk. Or Osprey. Razbam and the other 3rd parties can basically do this for the rest of their lives with all the modules they could make.

6 years 10 months ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8109
I rode around and worked with 53's a lot during my time in the sand box. I always enjoyed them, much better than a CH-46, and much much better than a H-60. Personally, the Blackhawk always made me airsick; she and I never ever got along. I was always in awe of the 53s, I'll have to dig out my pics one day and find some good ones.

I did meet a Pavelow one night. I was supporting a joint SOF mission in a place that is much more popular in the news now. Basically kids in Damascus would ride down, cross the boarder at night, shoot at Americans, and then go home to brag to their friends that they were billy bad-asses. So we set up an AO that controlled all the access points in and out of our area. One night I get a call that we have a bird in bound, our runway was a two lane road that we would stretch concertina wire across both ends, with no other info than 5 mikes out. We had all types of SOFs there so that was normal.

Bird comes in, NVGs on, and it was a Pavelow...cool, this was the first time we got an Air Force bird. Then this knuckle head pilot hovers on the road, and flips a 180 facing the wrong direction. Wrong cause every bird in and out of the FARP got fuel/ammo/de-embarked and all on onside of the runway. I run up to the exiting crew chief to see what they needed - and was met by two guys that had beards that said "don't fuck with us POG" without saying anything to me. About that time, mind you they've been on the deck for less than a minute now, a blacked out Honda Prelude drives up, right up the ramp, and into the back of this thing. Crew chief was already looping up his mike cable and follows the two SF guys up the ramp, ramp closes, and off into the wild dark yonder. I get the same grin on my face that I did that night when I think back to the badassery of those guys.

Anyway - wouldn't make you read through all that without something as a parting gift. Here's some history and facts from Sik on the 65/53:
www.sikorskyarchives.com/S-65H-53D%20SEA%20STALLION.php

6 years 10 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8110
POG?

6 years 10 months ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8111
POG = Person Other than Grunt; non-infantry personnel in the military. All us support elements lol..

6 years 10 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
RAZBAM CH-53E Super Stallion #8112
Ah Thx =)

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds