6 years 10 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
Questions Regarding WWII Stuff #7845
So,

I dabble in the 1.5 Burning Skies WWII server from time to time with the guys, but I really HATE HATE HATE that seeing friendlies on F-10 is not allowed. At times i like the realism and skill required to coordinate a group with no F-10 reference. But the group of 6-7 of us that played the other day would spend 3-5 min or even longer trying to regroup after a fight. FUCKING NIGHTMARE!

I really would like to make a mission similar to burning skies, but allow F-10 for allies. It would make it so much easier, and more focus could be placed on actual combat and flight.

1) If i made a mission (with Tracers review of it, and approval of course) would there be any opposition to adding it to the SLMOD list for missions on the Dedicated server? This way if we get some folks online together that want to play, admin can just fire it up. This could be 1.5 or 2.0.. I think 2.0 would be interesting!

2) Is the F99th going to have a dedicated server for the new Normandy map? If so, I would obviously make said mission for this map rather than 1.5 or 2.0.

That is all...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago
Jsick7x
More
Questions Regarding WWII Stuff #7847
Well, depends how much realism you want. Today, I was following Tricker around and we asked about 5 times where our flight was and no one responded. I think effective communication is key without the F10 menu and with it, it is no problem.

6 years 10 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Questions Regarding WWII Stuff #7849
Vader and I tend to spend our WWII time on RAF661's server. They've got F10 enabled for everything and they have a neat kinda trick set up for labels running, where it doesn't display it as red or blue but just black and is very discreet. Basically it just puts that tiny little asterisk on an aircraft until it's close enough to see a silhouette and it makes it possible to actually see something with all the intensive scanning you do. Don't overestimate it, it still takes a lot of work and persistence to spot something, but it does give you that tiny bit of contrast to pick aircraft up against the background.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds