AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Remove Nukes From Missions?

7 years 4 months ago
Revelation
More
Topic Author
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6035
Hey Guys, I know I am just a guest on the server and forums; but can we have Nukes removed from the available weapons list? It sucks after a long hard fought battle that Red can just drop a nuke and be done with it. It's bad enough when friendly CAP leaves the ground pounders out to dry.

Offender: VFS-33rd Doc.

I can provide Tacview of the event if anyone cares to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6036
We'd rather ban/warn/kick/scream than limit the airfield ordnance options, AFAIK that does something to stability or file size (or both, IDK!).

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6037
To my knowledge the only mission where they're allowed to be used is one of the versions of Cold War which is limited to Fishbeds and F5s, but even on that I'd definitely be amenable to removing them from that as well. I don't know exactly how or why they did end up being a part of it, but I'm in full agreement that it's ridiculous. Especially in the context of Fishbed vs. F-5; the MiG-21 can zoom in at Mach 2 while the F-5 can barely break Mach 1.1. There's no hope of actually intercepting them and preventing a nuke drop.

If they used it on a mission where it wasn't specifically allowed in the briefing or in-game pop-up messages, they'd be risking a ban. But I recognize Doc as a regular so I'm betting it was on a mission where it's allowed.

7 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6038
It's just a pain in the ass. I hate the way dcs handles supplies. I'm not sure there is any performance issue /size thing modifying the stores, it's just a lot of clicking that my carpal tunnel can do without.

Server rules posted in each briefing indicate no nukes allowed unless specifically authorized. (we have one mission that I know of (a version of the cold war mission where this is allowed.)

I've seen doc on the server before. Let's give him a warning and then ban if he continues.

I'll will revisit fixing it in the missions if it becomes a huge issue.

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6039
Yeah, I think the ban-on-site policy is serving us fine thus far. Hasn't cropped up more than once every couple months.

My only issue is that if there's gonna be a mission that allows nukes, the side defending against them needs more than F-5s to do it. Cold War with the full complement of F-15s and M2000s and whatnot would be fine with nukes, imo.

7 years 4 months ago
Revelation
More
Topic Author
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6042
The mission was Moapa 2, for those that are interested. Further when I asked him in chat if he dropped a Nuke, he said "nah man" and promptly disconnected.

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6043
Yeah, we confirmed that it was not on an appropriate mission. Bad things are in his (and his confederate's) future. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

7 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Remove Nukes From Missions? #6046
That mission was recently changed and all the red no longer air start - giving them the ability to change the load out. I will revisit and remove the nukes in the missions as I have time.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds