Tankers

8 years 4 weeks ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Tankers #469
I don't know about anyone else but I would really like to have a flyable KC-10A Extender in DCS... even with the itty bitty maps we have.
[BBvideo=560,315]
[/BBvideo]

Interesting how the Harrier pilot prefers refueling from the KC-130 Hercules
[BBvideo=560,315]
[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo=560,315]
[/BBvideo]

No sound but still some good footage
[BBvideo=560,315]
[/BBvideo]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 weeks ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Tankers #3395
I wouldn't mind a fly able tanker, however boring it could be way up there orbiting. Or possibly even have it set like combined arms, spawn into the tail refuel maybe? Canada used the C-130 to refuel our hornets, kind of interesting to see.

8 years 4 weeks ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Tankers #3396
I'd like a Rhino tanker...

Or a KC-130.

8 years 4 weeks ago
Alphaskoom
More
Tankers #3406
or a Ac-130 :P

8 years 4 weeks ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Tankers #3407
No....no....NO! An AC-130 would attract CoD people.

It'd be worse than the initial Steam launch, IMO.

How about a KC-130 with the Harvest Hawk modifications? Best of both worlds, I think...Just need a few people to man it!

8 years 4 weeks ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Tankers #3408
Or an MC-130H Combat Talon II special forces infil/exfil bird which can also act as a tanker.

7 years 7 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Tankers #4826
60th Anniversary of the KC-135 Stratotanker. It's as old as black and white TV.

7 years 7 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Tankers #4842
Just want to remember this one...

Replaced in this role by an Airbus :(

Back in its heydey it was a rather luxurious airliner, and the first aircraft I ever flew on, when going to Ethiopia. I still have a "junior passenger logbook" somewhere, signed by various BOAC and East African Airlines captains (airlines did those kind of things, back then). By the way, they are not talking about me in the following (rather nostalgic) video when they mention five month old babies; I was about one fifth that age on my first flight, and don't remember it of course, lol!

PS: Vampyre, love the new avatar!

7 years 7 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Tankers #4843
Interesting story on the VC-10- When I lived in England in 1985-88, we had a parascending club that would regularly fly at RAF Little Rissington where we lived. I loved spending my weekends out at the airfield flying the parachutes and I was good friends with the club leaders son. We had a parachute called a strato cloud that was a fast and nimble parachute that had a reputation as an ankle buster if not given the proper respect. I had flown this chute many times and my friend who had never flown it, was apprehensive about flying it due to the stories his father had told him about it. One day my friend decided he was going to fly it. The wind was about 10-12 knots which would make a good landing a little easier on the legs. We decided to give him 3000ft of line (normally we only used 1500ft) so he could have some good time to actually fly the chute and get used to it. Well, no sooner than he had gotten to altitude, a VC-10 came cruising by low for a long strait in to RAF Brize Norton and missed him by only a few thousand feet. That scared the living crap out of him and he got turned about. In his confusion he was flying to the opposite side of the airfield and landed with the wind... in the fastest parachute we had. Watching all this unfold two other guys and myself hopped into the nearest land rover and went ripping across the airfield to try to help him. Upon landing he immediately ate shit and tumbled around on a gravel service road and for the coup de gras, the wind grabbed his chute and drug him another 150ft before we got to him. He was a mess and it took me the better part of a day to sort the tangled up parachute out. Needless to say he wanted nothing to do with that parachute ever again. It was a rather close call and he was lucky to not get caught in the wingtip vortices... it could have ended a lot worse had that happened. I doubt the tanker even knew he was there.

7 years 7 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Tankers #4844
LOL! Ankle buster! Hats off. I never did like the lack of landing gear spare parts for those things.

7 years 2 weeks ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Tankers #7330
More KC-10A Extender. Has some good shots of Hickam and another of Wake Island.
[BBvideo=560,315]
[/BBvideo]

7 years 2 weeks ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Tankers #7336
Love those KC-10s. Always wanted one to tank off of in DCS. I get so tired of those Stratotankers.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds