AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN!

7 years 2 weeks ago
FIREDAWG
More
Topic Author
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7076
Would like to see more people in this unit get into Arma. There is so much we can do with this. As runny suggested to me, we should find some way to incorporate an Arma Campaign or mission with DCS. Sort of an Episodic cycle between Arma and DCS. Mission events in one affecting the other. I love Arma and I love DCS, cant we just have them both? I'm all for simpolygamy :lol: I'm not looking to convert the unit to a virtual ultra realistic ground pounder brigade, where people get butthurt for not following realistically enough. I rather enjoy playing Arma with the same camaraderie as in DCS, just wish more people played is all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago
runny
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7077
Sounds good to me. I think we all know that I like me some arma!

However just think about what you asked for and consider the workload involved with creating episodic missions and getting people all together in both DCS and Arma at scheduled times over a long period of time. Not only is it a huge undertaking from a mission design and admin standpoint, it requires ALL players to play ball and actually show up and it requires the mission designer to follow through with the whole thing. That's only if things go perfectly smooth. Plus then for all that work you have missions with little to no replayability.

Not so simple now is it? Still though, I'll support anyone who wants to take a crack at it and I'm willing to host if needed. I ain't doing it though.

BTW that was originally Tracer's idea.

7 years 2 weeks ago
FIREDAWG
More
Topic Author
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7079
Understandable that it is too taxing on everyone for something this extravagant, just a fun idea if everyone was on board. Not getting my hopes up but could we at least get some kind of a routine ArmA mission night going for those who want to play? I enjoy it when i'm a little burned out on DCS.

7 years 2 weeks ago
Jsick7x
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7083
I love Arma3, but not the 6gb in mods required to join most servers.

7 years 2 weeks ago
Brady
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7085
Well I'm bad at replying to the forum... I think I've got it now. Anyways, I'm always up for some Arma! I usually play on an Invade and Annex Server hosted by NAKSQUAD. It's an awesome group of guys that reminds me a lot of the 99th. No mods needed, but mods are allowed. Filter by "nak". My steam name is Kevolution, so if you want to add me, I'll kill stuff with you!

7 years 2 weeks ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7099
I found a server similar to runny's that's up 24/7. Its got ACE, ALiVE, RHS, and CUP mods. You can easily load up the mods in the arma 3 dashboard and when you don't want them you just hit the unload all button. Super easy.

The servers been pretty dead but its got alot of potential. We can set up our own tasks via the alive tablets or pick up intel from dead terrorist and call in Ai airstrikes, transports, and artillery support. The admin is a friendly guy and actually has 4 servers up total with different maps and you can tell hes put alot of work into them. I cant seem to find anything else like it. Just need some players.

If anyone's interested just add me on steam (Gman) and well get some ops going. The server is called Canadian Mil-Sim server. I usually play on the Takistan map.

7 years 2 weeks ago
pyromaniac4002
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7100
Sounds promising. Do those 4 servers include Tanoa by any chance?

By the way, I found a probable fix for that 4 FPS bug if you haven't seen it already. Set your launcher parameters to limit your system memory to 2047 MB (the maximum 2 GB that ArmA can use anyways until they roll out 64 bit). Haven't had the issue since.

7 years 2 weeks ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7101
Yes one of them is Tanoa. I haven't loaded that one up yet but it should be good.

Thanks ill give that one a try. Seemed to only happen on the chernarus map for me.

7 years 2 weeks ago
Mataman
Administrator
Administrator
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7102
im game! im on steam as jesusmataman1776

7 years 2 weeks ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7103
I'm no "Arma Guru"... But it is super fun. Would love to like up with you guys for this. Warning, I may need someone to spin me up on all the MOD stuff.

tscro88 on Steam add me

7 years 2 weeks ago
FIREDAWG
More
Topic Author
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7106

Use ArmaSync and let everything download and install while you are asleep

Here is how to set it all up to get the mods, without having to search one by one at armaholic.

f99th.com/forum/16/729

7 years 2 weeks ago
FIREDAWG
More
Topic Author
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7107

there are soooo many Gman's in steam, which one is you?
Also, whats that servers ip?

* Nevermind, found it. it is 99.233.213.131:2302 if it isnt showing in the list.

7 years 2 weeks ago
pyromaniac4002
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7108
lol, yeah I guess that switch from Gabriel8387 wasn't so helpful for people trying to find you on the platform developed by the makers of Half-Life.

An easy way to find people from here on Steam is to look at the friends list of someone from here that you're already friends with. If you right click their name in the friends list and there should be some option like "View Profile" or whatever. On there you should find a way to see their friends list and then you can go directly to their profiles and add them to your own friends.

7 years 2 weeks ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7118
After logging into the takistan server I found the arsenal to be booby trapped. I triggered some kind of explosive which caused the entire ammo supply area to go up in flames and now im unable to to rearm and such. Unfortunately the admin isn't on steam so im SOL until he restarts. I went to check on his other servers and only saw another based on Altis. Ill have to ask him about the Tanoa map.

7 years 2 weeks ago
FIREDAWG
More
Topic Author
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7127
I tried connecting to those servers with the addons it says it requires, but it kept kicking me and telling me that it wouldn't take those addons due to not being signed. No idea why.

7 years 4 hours ago
DubbD
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7272
I'd be happy to fill the ranks for some Arma. Its been awhile since I've got into it but with the x64 now out, it runs so much better.

SteamID: DubbD

Feel free to shoot over a friend request.

6 years 11 months ago
Narokuu
More
MAKE ARMA GREAT AGAIN! #7274
Ill be getting back into arma after these next two weeks are over. i run sound/lights for the local theater and we have been super busy its almost show week. But i need to play now that its x64 been missing my rotorlib and flying my littlebird.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds