The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank!

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6156
Congratulations, we made it to 2017!

Jury's still out on whether the country finally starts that economic collapse we've been asking for or if we're going to finish what the Cold War started and get that nuclear exchange with Russia or China (or both) underway, but at least we can say we've turned a page. It only cost us Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, George Michael, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Prince, Anton Yelchin, and our self respect. Personally, I'm just thankful Danny DeVito didn't kick off and he's still around to do more Always Sunny.

And even with things like the end of society as we know it looming overhead, we do still have a lot to look forward to! We can thank ED for needlessly delaying the Viggen release so they could have a month to sell more Spitfires, but ultimately in another couple of weeks we'll get our hands on that very fine-looking module. The F-14 may or may not be somewhat likely to come out at some point this year. In a couple of months we might get that damn unified executable so we can free up about 100 GB of space on our computers. There's the WWII Normandy, Strait of Hormuz, and whatever map Leatherneck was working on for co-release with F-14 (my guess is GIUK gap), I think at least one of them will come out this year. Plus if you're in to WoW, Legion is very, very good. You should join Frollo, Dok, Tracer (if at some point he sees fit to get his account back), and myself.

But of course this is all extremely secondary to the real reason for this post, which is to announce a whole bunch of promotions.

We hereby promote from 2nd Lieutenant to 1st Lieutenant the following:
Horvald
Cuda
Yoshama
aviator
Librmuel
Korstat
Falcon15e
corn950
Zulu 1
Quicksinner
tscro88
LokiV7

And from 1st Lieutenant to Captain the following:
PO1Ruia
ticman
Weaz3L
THUG
TomEmoT
Wizard
FIREDAWG
Ktulu2

And from Captain to Major the following:
Russ
Arctic
Frollo

Now, as much as I'd love to go through and give individual testimonial to everyone receiving a promotion, I think the sheer volume involved in this round would just make it an enormous wall of text and..

But I will say it's exciting as ever to be in F99th and that's thanks to you guys. Some of you new 1st Lieutenants have been longtime F99th affiliates like Librmuel, flying with us consistently over many months as a member of the DCS community, others found us more recently and quickly fell in to place as a rightful F99th member. The constant growth we've had since this operation started in the Summer of 2015 is an affirmation that we're doing something right and keeps us motivated to continue. Then there are those who have stuck around for most or all of that time. All of the names I see in the promotion to Captain I recognize as people who have been with us a long time and proven themselves essential parts of our community. That goes triple for the guys moving up to Major. While we believe seniority isn't the foundation for what makes a great F99th member, there's of course a lot to be said for someone who has been there and stuck through it alongside you. I like to think most of our newer members only need that same time opportunity to prove themselves, but these guys have done it. F99th-life just wouldn't be the same without the classics like "Old Three Bagger" or "Le'Mirrraaaaaaggge," and we're very grateful for all of you.

Cheers to a non-castastrophic 2017!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6157
P.S. Forums rank adjustments are taken care of, but TS ranks may still need some work. If after a few days we still haven't gotten to you, send me a PM.

7 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6159
A most excellent write up! Congrats to all, and a Very Happy New Year to everyone!

7 years 4 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6160
Hear, Hear! Congratulations to all of the promotes!

7 years 4 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6165

There was one of those, sometime? LOL! Kind'a have an opinion like this, me...

<a href="
" class="bbvideo" data-bbvideo="560,315" target="_blank">

:D

Congratulations to all the promoted!

And...

Yep! Here's also to a non-catastrophic 2017! Hopefully we won't have any earthquakes, tsunamis, plinian volcanos, spontaneous sinkholes, etcetera. Well, maybe only a few, and small ones.

That don't hurt anyone.

Or thing.

JK!

A Great 2017 to absolutely everyone of the F-99th! All the best!

7 years 4 months ago
runny
More
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6166
Congrats and happy new year!

7 years 4 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6167
Nice! Very well deserved promotions!

Happy New Year! (blah blah it's the 2nd here, whatever)

7 years 4 months ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6170
Congrats guys! Happy new year to all!

7 years 4 months ago
Weaz3L
More
Happy New Year and (to some of you) Happy New Rank! #6171
Gongratz.....i wanted it to be differnet.

CONGRATULATIONS!
All well done..... and here's to flying with ya'll in twentyseventeen.....cheers

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds