AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

F99th is 1 Year Old!

7 years 11 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
F99th is 1 Year Old! #595
Gentlemen (and Ladies, if any ever start to play DCS and pay our site a visit), this coming Sunday (June 19th) we will have officially been in existence for a full year! Of course many of us have been a part of this group for much longer than that, but this is the milestone which commemorates the formal recognition of this group as an independent and flourishing entity in the DCS community. Being a part of this group has been truly rewarding for me and it's something I'll continue to be proud of for a long time to come. I'm sure many of you would agree.

In honor of Fighting 99th's 1st birthday, the administration would like to propose that we F99th the s**t out of this weekend. We'll make our announcement of Pilot of the Year and Sunday at 1:00 PM CST we'll set up an F99th and invited friends team vs. team match or two. Teams will be set up by the POTY and the runner up acting as team captains with 1st and 2nd choices respectively. But we'll also just be around to hang out and show the F99th love in DCS, ArmA, and all through the gauntlet of popular F99th destinations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago
Narokuu
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4245
This sounds fun pyro, ill be happy to do some recording / Streaming of the shenanigans.

7 years 11 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4246
id like to propose a CAP vs Hog CAP competition, a team of F15's vs a larger team of hogs with sidewinders, and well see who wins this deathmatch :P

and yes, it will be full of shinanigans!

7 years 11 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4247

7 years 11 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4248
cmon sweep, scared of a swarm of Gau-8's and sidewinders ? and the occasional Maverick fired by a few hotshot pilots :P

7 years 11 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4249

You've got a thing for this "how bout no bear" lately, huh Sweepy? I don't think people respond well to that kind of negativity. It certainly didn't work at all with my trying to get you guys set on a better name than "the Snipers" for 9th AGRS..

I'm up for some craaaazy stuff like Hawgs vs. Eagles. Some of my best F99th memories were based on getting weird with DCS.

7 years 11 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4250
I've used it maybe 3 times lately?

On that other bit...You didn't exactly come up with a better name... :D

7 years 11 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4251
For the uninitiated, my suggestion was "the Flying F**king Carpets" which Sweeper turned in to "Flying F**king Red Carpets" which I turned in to FFRCs for short. I was going to make the logo a fire-breathing flying carpet, along the lines of this little number from the Vietnam War:

It's also a reference to Trailer Park Boys. One of the characters (Ricky) frequently screws up sayings. One of them was "passed with flying fucking carpets" instead of "with flying colors."

It's fine, I'll use it myself some day when they release some other aggressor aircraft module and then we'll see how "the Snipers" stack up against the FFRCs.

7 years 11 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4252
It would be nice to get a formation pic of all the F99th pilots we can muster as well. I'm free Saturday but will be working Sunday night.

7 years 11 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4255
i should be free saturday as well - if pilots arnt on we could of corse fill the slots with random pilots flying others' planes

7 years 10 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
F99th is 1 Year Old! #4270
A photo shoot get together? I should be able to attend, what time you all thinking?

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds