The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Pilot of the Year 2019 & F99th is 4 Years Old!

4 years 9 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Pilot of the Year 2019 & F99th is 4 Years Old! #9467
Four years down, we'll call it 96 to go?

Congratulations to all you guys for helping to make it happen, 4 years in the online community business is a very rare achievement. Like I say every year, the thing that really keeps F99th going is the quality of our members. The fact that we could have made it through high school together by now is surely a testament to that.

And again, being the F99th-aversary time of year, it's also time to recognize one of our exquisite members as our Pilot of the Year:

<span style="text-align:center; display:block;">

Okay this time it's actually two pilots, but that's because Squid was so awesome that his awesome wife (a.k.a. "Beanie") joined in to fly with him as an F-14 Pilot/RIO pair. </span>

Squid is another one that dates back to the beginning of F99th. For 4 years he's flown with us and brightened our virtual airspace with his upbeat, can-do attitude and humor. Every flight I ever took with Squid was a flight I enjoyed. And Squid has always been one of our most consistently active members, even managing to keep in contact with us while the "Squid family" gained a new member, so we've all had a lot of flights with Squid. Friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, and genuine are the words that come to mind when trying to describe Squid and even without the benefit of 4 years to get to know Beanie, it's clear that the two of them are cut from the same cloth. We are very grateful for both of your participation and as a token of our appreciation we would like to add you to our F99th Hall of Fame as our 2019 Pilot(s) of the Year.

And finally, as is F99th POTY custom, we would also like to take a moment to honor some other people who were also in the running. It's never an easy decision who gets the official title, but as a small consolation to us admins who end up having to choose one (or two) from the many we have two names to add alongside "Mr. and Mrs. Squid" in the Hall of Fame as honorable mentions: PO1Ruia and Misi.

PO1Ruia (or Roy) has been a very dedicated and valued member of ours for years. On top of how much we appreciate his presence in-game and on Teamspeak, he also has been a consistent and generous contributor in helping to cover the costs of keeping the F99th lights on for all of us. We wanted to express our gratitude and make it a little bit official. Thank you Roy.

Misi is one of the newer guys. If you ever looked for DCS-focused Twitch channels, you've seen him. Misi hails from Finland and worships Katy Perry, but when he's not busy with those things he's usually doing some DCS or one of the handful of other games we tend to gravitate towards and he makes it a real fun time. He's the best DCS streamer in the business and a very good guy. Kippis, buddy!

Please join me in thanking and congratulating these fantastic people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Pilot of the Year 2019 &amp; F99th is 4 Years Old! #9468
Awesome all around. Congratulations guys and gal! Looking forward to another year with a great bunch of folks!

4 years 9 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Pilot of the Year 2019 &amp; F99th is 4 Years Old! #9469
congratulations Squid Duo! Another year for the books. wow its amazing its already been 4 years since this squad came to be. it feels almost like yesterday. I'm proud to be a part of this squadron from day one and i look forward to many more.. i don't think ill make the 96 more years but i will give it one heck of a try.

4 years 9 months ago
Shifter
More
Pilot of the Year 2019 &amp; F99th is 4 Years Old! #9470
CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you!

4 years 9 months ago
Misi
More
Pilot of the Year 2019 &amp; F99th is 4 Years Old! #9471
Congratrulations, mr&amp;mrs Squid! Happy birthday to f99th

4 years 9 months ago
Frollo
More
Pilot of the Year 2019 &amp; F99th is 4 Years Old! #9472
Congrats!

4 years 7 months ago
Beanie
More
Pilot of the Year 2019 &amp; F99th is 4 Years Old! #9492
Thanks!

4 years 7 months ago
Narokuu
More
Pilot of the Year 2019 &amp; F99th is 4 Years Old! #9493
WOOOT!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds