AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Pilot of the Year 2018

5 years 9 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9375
This post should have gone up about 3 and a half weeks ago to coincide with the F99th-aversary, but I didn't find time or energy to get in photoshop and put together some graphics for the occasion. Sorry.

But we all definitely knew at that time who we wanted to recognize as our pilot of the year, it's

You might know him as the guy that built 90% of the newest missions on our servers, the guy that always jumps at the opportunity to share some knowledge or help troubleshoot a problem, or simply the guy who shows up in an F-15 to try and save your ass when 4 AI fighters and one or two of our regular REDFOR friends pay you a visit. Mav is a 110% kind of guy and we sincerely appreciate his enthusiasm, intellect, and his resolute eagerness to share it all with us. It goes without saying that F99th is a much better group with -=Maverick=- in the mix, but we admin types would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude and put it all in writing for the record . Thank you, Maverick. I'd be your wingman anytime!

And as we've done in previous years as well, I'd also like to note that our runner up for the year is my dear friend Esonub. I probably spend more time flying on his wing than anyone else's and that's purely because it's just a fantastically fun and enjoyable place to be. As most of you know, Eso has been running a regular Twitch livestream for a number of months now and he's risen to some prominence as one of the most popular DCS-focused channels available, and he's taken our F99th name along with him. Even just watching his stream if you can't afford to get on and join is a good bit of fun. He might look to me for some F-15 wisdom time and again, but he's a much more fun and outgoing sociable guy than I can manage being myself. Thanks Nub!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9376
Nice job and well deserved!

5 years 9 months ago
-=MAVERICK=-
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9377
This is awesome! Thank you! Congratulations to Esonub as well. Your streams are always entertaining to watch and I look forward to flying with you more in the servers.

I am honored to have earned Pilot of The Year but also honored to have the opportunity to continue flying with the F99th and our close friends. In my early DCS days, I kept returning to play on the F99th servers because of how welcoming and helpful everyone was and the comradery I had felt. Flying with you all on a regular basis and hearing your ideas and requests for missions pushed me to learn how to build missions and create a continued enjoyable experience for F99th members and guests (with much appreciated help from other mission builders such as TracerFacer, Pyromaniac4002, Shadow).

DCS throws us plenty of curveballs and definitely causes frustration at times, but I have a simple request to ask of everyone. Let's keep enjoying the experience. Let’s welcome new players and make time to teach them about DCS and the F99th. Let’s show the DCS community what the quality of our members brings to the table. Let's keep building that comradery as a unit. These ideals are the reason I am eager to fly with all of you and the reason I will continue to recommend others to join our community as well.

My greatest thanks to the F99th Command, F99th members, VIPs and the brave friendlies I have accidentally shot down over the past 3 years.

Gentlemen, good hunting!

-=MAVERICK=-

5 years 9 months ago
ticman
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9378
Well deserved and earned, congrats Maverick. I certainly appreciate your efforts much, many mahalos

5 years 9 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9379
Cheers!
I couldn't have said it any better. Well done!

5 years 9 months ago
Flash
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9380
Good stuff. Congrats my dudes

5 years 9 months ago
Zulu
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9381
Well earned, well deserved, and I'm glad your efforts are being recognized!

Congratulations!

Zulu

5 years 9 months ago
Vader
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9382
Congrats buddy!

5 years 9 months ago
Maarku
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9383
Congrats!

5 years 9 months ago
Molasses
More
Pilot of the Year 2018 #9384
Congrats Mavrick... :D

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds