FSX Win 10 Problems?

8 years 1 week ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
FSX Win 10 Problems? #525
Alright guys, I've attempted to get FSX going for a while and Tracers been trying to help trouble shoot as well. Initially started FSX SE install and got VCRedistx86 errors. Ignored and continued on thinking nothing of it. Found that FSX would start up, appear in task bar and then disappear shortly after, including out of my processes in task manager. Every now and then it would load up and i'd be able to get in. However upon exiting flight it would drop off the taskbar and manager once again. I've uninstalled several times now and even with clean installs it seems to intermittently happen. I just reinstalled onto a new drive I bought to see if it would work however I still get the same issue. I tried running windows 8 compatibility mode as well and it just crashes when clicking fly. I thought I narrowed it down to RAAS being a pain in the ass however it seems to not be the case. I'm not quite sure what to do, I've swapped to window mode and for the few times it did work, I was able to get back to the main screen without it dropping. However it seems to have happened once more after attempting to add addons. Strangely enough, steam isn't installing the addons into the right folder anyways (its installing in the SSD, not my HDD where FSX actually is), so I can't see that being an issue as it's not actually installing into the game. I've got multiple .MDMP files with all this as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3783

8 years 1 week ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3787
Nick, don't know what to offer other than reinstall the x86 VC redistributable and try again, but I should think Tracer's already helped you with that.

8 years 1 week ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3789
After scouring the internets for hours and trying everything from forum posts to dovetails own knowledge base, I'm stumped. The inconsistent nature of the issue is the most frustrating aspect. Seemed the only way to get it consistent was to not use track IR, (prior to the messing with simconnect files).

I. E. Vanilla fsx, no trackir, seem to run fine every time.

8 years 1 week ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3793
Yah we tried that multiple times Cygon! Haha unfortunately it just won't work. Tracer and I spent probably close to 2 hours trying to sort it. It's so strange. Ended up filing a ticket with dovetail including all my crash logs and mentioning the VCRedist issue as well. Hopefully get back to me soon to solve this!

8 years 1 week ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3797
FWIW, I got my FSX working again tonight. It was a simple logbook corruption that kept it from opening up.

8 years 6 days ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3798
You were getting similar issues hey?

8 years 6 days ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3799
Not really, I had mine working, and then it just stopped. It turns out that my logbook corrupted at the end of one of my flights and I had to create a new logbook.bin file by renaming the old one and restarting FSX.

8 years 6 days ago
Ktulu2
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3800
A friend of mine had tons of problems on Win10. Luckily he had another PC with another version of windows and it works fine there.
If you also have a backup pc on win 7 it could be worth it to try, given FSX has very low hardware requirements.

8 years 6 days ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3811
unfortunately I do not at this time. Sadly. Ah well, hopefully they respond with a solid fix!

8 years 5 days ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
FSX Win 10 Problems? #3829
"Hello,

We are sorry that you are experiencing these issues. The VCRedistx86 issue is due to a missing Microsoft file- although you are not receiving the error message any more, it will not harm to ensure you have the latest Redist files installed on your system: www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If you are having an issue with Simconnect, the only reliable way to reinstall this would be to try to uninstall FSX in it's entirety and then re-install. If you would like to try this method, please let us know and I will post instructions on how to ensure you have removed all FSX files from your system.

Furthermore, FSX has been experiencing some problems that are currently being investigated. There is a general knowledgebase article available here that provides solutions to various problems:
dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/A...s-10---fsx-se-advice
There is also an ongoing Steam forum thread:
steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussion...1906989416630195/#p1
As Microsoft are constantly releasing updates for Windows 10, it's always useful to make sure that your version of Windows is up to date. Windows should prompt you when a download is available, but you can check manually- just type 'Windows Update' into the Windows search bar and click 'Windows Update'.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the issues you are experiencing. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to respond and we shall try our best to help.

Kind Regards,
Jio Butler
Dovetail Games Support
"

I don't think they understood the original email lol.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds