Racing games: Assetto Corsa

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4102
Lots of g27s broke now to.

Win 10, with a MS patch from 21 may, with the latest version of the Logitech gaming software,... And your dead in the water... Careful!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4103
Hmm. I just tried mine this very moment with a quick spin around. Seems OK as yet, but then... one never knows what will happen tomorrow. Patch might not have downloaded yet or something. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the heads up on this.

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4104
What version of the Logitech gaming software are you using?

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4105
8.75, I believe. The info button on application itself opens an external browser link (which I don't trust), but from Control Panel -> Installed Programs I get 8.75.

Somewhere around here is the CD, too. I'll locate it later.

PS:
I don't know, maybe it is worth a try. 8.75.30 on this list is the one I'm using.

Logitech Drivers

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4106
Software Version: 8.83.85 is the one you want to stay away from. That is the latest and in combination with the Microsoft update will render your wheel BSOD'ing your puter.

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4108
So...

Did you get it working?

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4110
Nope. No one with the combination that I've listed can get it working. Instant BSOD upon plugging in.

Very unhappy.

Their support forums are blowing up for both the 920 and the 27. Folks who have been using the wheels for years/months/weeks - all of a sudden BSOD'ing after upgrading.

Logitech support is responding with typical canned messages on their forums. It looks like this:

Hi <user>,

No real solution. I'm considering sending the wheel back at this point. They've lost all my respect with the way they are handling this. Their non-response and canned responses leave me wondering why I gave up 327.00. I don't appear to be enjoying my purchase. Getting really hard to like/buy logitech products.

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4111
By far the biggest thread:
forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Contro.../td-p/1516237/page/4

Someone in that thread is going to do a clean install of windows.. (which works with the wheel) and then install windows updates 1 at a time until the wheel stops working - thus telling us which Windows update screwed everything up. Hopefully it can be rolled back/removed and then the wheel should work.

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4113
Kind of looks like there is a combination of three culprits there. One of the reports suggests that the final addition of the firmware started causing the BSOD, before which it was working correctly. Not sure how you restore old firmware on wheels. Routers, yes, these things, I don't know. Latest seems to be 96.3.49. Did you flash it to that?

Previous one seems to have been 43, but I cannot find a Logitech Support page that allows you to download it, only on Softpedia, which I would be hesitant to suggest. Plus I'm not sure what a good idea re-flashing old firmware is (I wouldn't think it is such a good idea). There should be a way to factory reset the thing.

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4114
Haven't been able to flash it. You plug it in and it goes boom.

I am rebuilding a laptop with 8.1 tonight. I'll plug it in there, update the firmware, and then try my win10 machine.

7 years 11 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4115
Cygon, to answer your questions I'll run through a few cars I think everyone would like and that feel good as well as most of the tracks I have (I tend to pick more technical ones haha), as far as lag, I think the server has almost no lag, you get the odd jitter here and there but that's to be expected IMO.

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4116

Good to know. AC sometimes gets a tiny bit transiently jittery even on SP, if I crank up to "max-as far-as-they'll-go" all of the settings both in game options and on the video card, so that I don't think is too unusual, unless what you're seeing are the other client cars hyper-spacing DCS style.

A funny, on the side off topic story on that; I once got accused of being a hacker by someone who was having lag issues on the 51st server, long before I was on even the S-77th. The guy even posted a video . I'm "the bastard", LOL!

Back to AC. I'm finding drifting much easier when it is incidental to a track that I know my line very well on, in a car I know very well. Having some fun with, of all things, the old Lotus type 25 on Magione and Vallelunga. You'll find me including at least one of those cars for me to the list of what your suggestions are, as I get along famously with it!

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4144
I think I may have my wheel working.

Nothing I was doing was working. So on a whim (and before I sent the POS back to Amazon) I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on a laptop. First thing, before I let it do anything else, I plugged the wheel in..

It did it's spinny thing and walla - no BSOD.

Installed the latest version of the LGS - still good!

Ok.. so now lets wipe my main machine clean (ugggg)

Fresh install of 10 (note my previous 10 was an upgraded 8.1)

And we are good!

No BSOD's

Now.. to reinstall everything. :(

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4145
Good grief.

7 years 10 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4147

That was extraordinary. I haven't laughed so much in a while. I would like to nominate this poor post-Soviet for an Oskarvich for the production value of this timeless tribute to crybabies everywhere. And then I'd nominate it for a handful of DMCA takedown notices for all the stolen content included to distract from the fact that there's nothing of substance toward his argument other than his interspersed text-based sulking.

From now on with every DCS lag spike warp, I'm going to be saying "engage."

7 years 10 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4329
So I finally got back out to drive the car yesterday, the new diff is unreal and was a true handful to get used to at first as it's not nearly as forgiving as my old torsen. All in all the car held up well and had zero issues, after discovering my rad cap pressure valve was missing (oe cap lol) and replacing with an aftermarket one for a supra, all of my boiling over issues went away!

7 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4414
This out today...

Glad they're keeping up the inclusion of the old race cars. My faves in AC! Maserati 250F. Fangio!!! Viva Argentina!!!

(Should put that last comment in the Super Etendard post of Vampyre's, as well, lol!)

7 years 9 months ago
Narokuu
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4415
That looks like fun. i have to watch Nick and you play this game sometime. Would be fun to watch, i am horrible at anythign sprots / racing though, so i would just watch haha

7 years 9 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4434
It's a total blast haha I may wait to buy the pack as I tend to drift more often than I race! Something about classic formula cars however....

7 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
Racing games: Assetto Corsa #4441

The 250F with that old idea of an "advanced" compensating de Dion suspension at the back won't let you down where drifting is concerned, I promise. It IS a blast, even I was going up through the drift levels with it. Sheer joy!

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds