shootin stuff

8 years 7 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #1570

WE don't get to choose the type of encounter.. It's not always us.. But loved ones who might face the danger..

The gun featured here is a cheap pistol caliber carbine...

These mfers would have raped and killed this woman and her family...

Truth is my wife, after having seen her at the range.. Can't handle a hand gun..

I agree Runny, these are for shooting people..

Seems that if you follow the news the zombie apocalypse is fast approaching. Remember to double tap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
shootin stuff #1573
I thought that the 22 neos kit looked interesting, but not sure if I could drop money on it.

Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
shootin stuff #1574
One of my favorites. My Bushmaster .308 with Leupold Mark 4. Accurate out to 800yds (my rangefinder only reads out to 800yds).

8 years 7 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #1576
Nice... One day soon I'll get me something like that.

8 years 7 months ago
Davison
More
shootin stuff #1587
Not the best quality, but this is my EDC, I have its bigger brother (5.25") for when i do competition shooting.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LeFzuU_oKFAL34PDmSgsYnVyOyQSwylhiVtkTqXn4EpMLlt0bf8EC2sUHzHeF4ojC8JOkCZNWQ7MXdnHWERhlskst80zOfj7MXYDu3ly2hyyJI-3wxUi_zDpLfH3JS2VmLuRSWVfZGMvq_L2GJQ0B9zgB4W22lMtjPHdfImRWPGQQcCBm8CxFyJvluRNPkQBjmEZif4whRzSXKqlC3BWzIKP_Z5lQGaQJOaZBOqJlZ-XqTH8KX2Pl4FnpvyC7KRz9DJevzeTa_3nvMgrZXaEt18sjEanNl4wqvVrDm1kGAIq3MrxIYLfwQiL8yIv2KJ0w7xl6wE3sVEyNJhZKkgZ9ncel1SA53w99jDg4obL55f242NKFN6lims697uclb-U_Wi20oSr-eFzxT4M_FEkxVgeXUxheyGSZJbbwVga3B3bpGjhdJ7dBne8Bx8I_3Lata03NjrvTeSsytg_EBVIx2ZwMu4Q6pvRrSIWjrG9ceaemK7CLjP0Rv60SLLuuMpaAKUg_eV1X3lQD3AVr235KwX_S_0uPLl0JZW4010G15w=w1620-h911-no

8 years 7 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
shootin stuff #1599
My SiG SP2022 .40cal. It is a commemerative pistol from my 2013 cruise with VFA-146.

8 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #2357
My first attempt at drilling/milling my first 80% lower.

I used the Jig and Lower from www.brokenarmory.com/ . I chose this particular vendor due to the depth gauge built into the jig itself.. no need to measure anything - at all - through out the process. A bit more expensive then other jigs, but the quality and workflow offered by this setup I think make it worth it.

Here is the Jig and lower before..

After I drilled the side holes..

After I drilled/milled out the trigger pocket.

You can see from the last picture, I took a bit to much material out of the top right portion, right where the slot gets narrower. This was due to a drilling step he shows in the video that is done WITHOUT a top JIG plate in place. In hindsight, that step should have / could have been skipped. In fact plate 1 could probably be skipped all together. Though I think that would make the milling portion more difficult. I think if you had a sturdy press, you could get away with it.

I used a cheap 250.00 WEN drill press I got from amazon. This having been my first one, I think it came out pretty good. I am ordering 3 more lowers, these ones with custom engravings.
Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #2603
Got 3 more! :)

I already started drilling on one of these..

Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #2604
Picked this one up for my wife the other day.. (if you read the OP, my wife can't shoot a 9mm)

Ruger SR22 (.22 cal, 10rd semi-auto DA/SA w/Safety & Decocker)

Pretty cool little gun.. gonna take it out shooting later this week.

Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago
runny
More
shootin stuff #2606

When you say accurate, how accurate do you mean? MOA? Better?

8 years 3 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
shootin stuff #2607

Better than a MOA I believe. At 800yds the group I shot was just a hair over six inches for 20 rounds of surplus South African 146 grain 7.62mm/51.

8 years 3 months ago
runny
More
shootin stuff #2608
Wow, that's exceptional for a semi-auto! Quite a bit better than MOA.

8 years 3 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
shootin stuff #2609

This was done with my buddies shooting bench. It was about a perfect day with no wind at about 10 in the morning at approximately 2500' ASL and between 90°F and 100°F. I had only put about 120 rounds through her for the break in and sighting of the scope. Now she has had about 2500 to 3k rounds through her so I doubt I will be able to recreate that kind of accuracy without a new barrel. I really love the 7.62/51 round and I really want an M-14... Having problems finding one though... and I can't really afford one at the moment.

8 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #2610
Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #2624
Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago
runny
More
shootin stuff #2634
Sick of drilling yet? :P

At least it's a lot easier with a drill press.

8 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #2638
While tedious, it is strangly therapeutic and satisfying to see it progress through each stage.

8 years 3 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
shootin stuff #2640

This is true of anything mechanical/engineering/fabrication, if you're facing it with the right attitude and have your mind set on the goal. Well said. And nice work.

8 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
shootin stuff #2662
Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago
DieHard
More
shootin stuff #3195
I was Navy Seabees for 8 years. I belonged to our local Reserve battalion that served lower NY State, northern New Jersey and some of Connecticut; now decommisioned, was RNMCB-13. I did active duty basic, construction schools, and the grunt combat stuff we needed to know, then came back home to be a part-time sailor. I am a life long asthmatic, nobody would let me go active. Fired expert with the M-16 on the 100 yard range, iron sights, no scope. Qualified with the .45 caliber 1911 model and the M-60 machine gun. We had to requalify with the weapons once a year. Every 3 years we went down to Camp LeJeune and played with the Marines out in the field out of Camp Geiger. Did winter training out of, then, Camp Drum, almost Canada, upstate NY, right on Lake Ontario for 2 weeks, 20 below zero; it was a paid ski holiday, fun as hell. We fired M-60's planted on our snowshoes in deep pack snow. I have not fired a weapon since I got out in 1982. I have my wife's grandfather's hunting rifle, but I never even took it to a gun range, yet.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds