NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6172

The Vegas Siege
TeamSpeak: TS.F99TH.COM:1131

Roughly 26 hours following the event "Vegas Extraction", as dubbed by the media, Russian and US forces have reached a stalemate in the middle of city...

ALTIMETER
QNH 29.72

~~~AWACS~~~
251.000MHZ BLUE
135.500MHZ RED

BLUE TASKING:

Russia is dug into the South side of Las Vegas and we need to push them out as well as remove their resource supply. MGRS Coordinates and recon images will be provided in the briefing. Intel tells us that the Russians have built up an intricate network of AAA systems as well as SAM systems being deployed via helicopter. It's highly recommended that strikers use as many standoff weapons as possible and to utilize FAC aircraft to designate any potential threats. We've managed to capture several SU-25 aircraft from the enemy, as well as amunition that was being stored near McCarran. Use it to our advantage to help eliminate the anti-aircraft threats on the ground.

~~~~HELOS~~~~
DROP TROOPS AT NELLIS TO ACTIVATE A STRIKE EAGLE TO ENGAGE THE LARGE BUNKER AT OBJECTIVE 2, LAND TROOPS AT NORTH LAS VEGAS TO SET UP A HAWK SITE. DROP ARMOR AND ANTI AIR/ARMOR TROOPS TO ENGAGE AND PUSH OUT THE RED UNITS IN THE SOUTH OF VEGAS TO HELP CLEAR THE WAY FOR STRIKERS. HELOS WILL NEED TO PUT TROOPS IN THE ZONES TO CAPTURE THEM.

~~~~FIGHTERS~~~~
PROVIDE CAP FOR STRIKERS AND HELOS.

~~~~STRIKERS~~~~
ENGAGE THE MAIN OBJECTIVES!

USE SEAD AS NECESSARY TO DESTROY ALL AIR DEFENSES TO CLEAR THE WAY FOR THE STRIKERS TO KNOCK OUT THE MAIN OBJECTIVES AND CLEAR THE ZONE FOR THE HELOS TO DROP TROOPS.

MGRS COORDINATES:
OBJECTIVE #1: PV 76291 86289
36*0'18"N 115*2'36"W
OBJECTIVE #2: PV 68393 88234
36*1'26"N 115*7'50"W
OBJECTIVE #3: PV 84051 92991
36*3'54"N 114*57'7"W
OBJECTIVE #4: PV 62309 82334
35*58'23"N 115*11'54"W

RED TASKING:

The Americans are staging an attack and are beginning to utilize aircraft from Creech AFB as well as a potential strike aircraft out of Tonopah in order to engage our resource facilities. We need to push the Americans back from destroying our major resources and send in our own strikers to push and engage the oil drums North of Nellis, oil pumps east of North Las Vegas airfield, Comms towers North West of North Las Vegas and fuel tanks North of the airfield.
Unfortunately they were able to secure several SEAD assets during the chaos in the extraction. Try to lay down as many units as possible to defend. Good luck.

~~~~ HELOS~~~~
DELIVER TROOPS TO MCCARRAN INTERNATIONAL TO ACTIVATE AN SA-11 SITE AND TROOPS TO HENDERSON TO ACTIVATE A TU-22 BOMBER. DROP AIR DEFENSES,TANKS AND MORTAR TEAMS TO DEFEND FROM ANY INCOMING ARMOR.

~~~~FIGHTERS~~~~
ENGAGE ALL ENEMY AIRCRAFT AND PREVENT THE STRIKERS FROM ENGAGING THEIR TARGETS.

~~~~STRIKERS~~~~
ENGAGE THE ENEMY OBJECTIVES SHOWN IN THE BRIEFING IMAGES AS WELL AS DESTROY ANY GROUND FORCES OR SAM SITES.

First try at this, let's see how it goes lol!

Your bort number is attached to your aircraft in the slots, so it's not just Sniper 1, 2, 3, 4 but rather, Sniper #28,Sniper #01, Sniper #77, Sniper #47. It just makes choosing your aircraft that little bit easier (I also don't have a clue what position most of you are in your own flights lol)

To do:
1. Clean up cloud layer a bit; Fixed, reduced thickness of clouds as well as raised the deck to about 12,000. Increased visibility of haze from 3000m to 4000m.
2. More AAA? not sure about that one; Added several groups of shilkas, complaints of red FARP being attacked directly, added some more defenses to it.
3. The haze seems to be fine with people, however maybe it could use some dialing back; See 1.
4. Tu-22 not disappearing from menu: Fixed naming error
5. Massive lag caused by SAM sites everywhere: Limited SAM sites to 3 per side now.
6. P-51 not operating as FAC: Fixed naming of units
7. SU-25T Skin wrong (RED): Generic Skin set up now (Sweepers bitching lol)
8. Added lat long to coordinates list:
Will add to this list when I find more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago
Zulu
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6173
Fantastic, another new mission! Looking forward to it!

Any idea when it will first be up on the server?

7 years 2 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6174
Should be ready for Tracer to put up whenever!

7 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6175
put it there this morning when I woke up.. go go go!

7 years 2 months ago
Molasses
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6178
MGRS COORDINATES:
OBJECTIVE #1: PV 76291 86289
OBJECTIVE #2: PV 68393 88234
OBJECTIVE #3: PV 84051 92991
OBJECTIVE #4: PV 62309 82334

Can the Mission briefing also have these in LAT LONG? please?

Great mission however out of the gate I was somewhat confused as to what I was suppose to be doing and where I was to be going. With Lat Long coordinates I could get a better overall picture of where to go and what to do. I had to get killed a time or two to get a feel for where the objectives were.

7 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6179
Or grid square is also helpful.

7 years 2 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6180
Hopped in the P-51 Mustang to do some FAC and quickly figured out the FAC script is not working for this bird... that was the only FAC bird I tried. The others may have the same issue.

7 years 2 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6181

You already have that. :)

Hint: The first two digits of each 5 digit group make up the 2 digit grid as seen on TV - I mean on the map.

7 years 2 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6182
Will put lat long as people seem to want it, figured MGRS would be fine. Vampyre, will look into the FAC issue. You didn't have any f10 option or what?

7 years 2 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6183
IIRC the only F10 option was to verify what FAC/JTAC was up and what they were looking at. I could not activate/deactivate my plane as a FAC or change the laser codes.

7 years 2 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6186
Cool I should be home in less than an hour, I'll take a look then, thanks for letting me know! Fixed Vampyre!

7 years 2 months ago
Zulu
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6198
First...hats off to Nick, I really like the mission, and the fact it runs into the night. This freaks a lot of people out, and others whine "it's too hard", but it adds a realism factor as most of know night missions have been a staple of U.S. operations.
Anyway, I was hoping you could add a few slots for the F-5's, it may harder for that module at night, but it might be a nice addition for the Russian side. Just a thought, if not, cool...

Lastly, the chat dialogue just stops working after about 10-15 minutes, is that a mission issue, or something on my end?

7 years 2 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6199
Will look into adding some red F-5's tonight here, I have an idea to make that work. Hmm chat dialogue issue sounds like it might be off your end, not quite sure why that would happen. Maybe Tracer can shed some light?

7 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6200
There is no way for the mission maker to affect the chat box in anyway.

I have seen the chatbox NOT respond to the TAB button before. When that happens, I spam SHIFT-TAB or CTRL-TAB until the box comes up. Game bug me thinks.

7 years 2 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6201

Open the chat window and manually scroll down to the latest entry - that'll make the chat *work* again.

7 years 2 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6202

This! What Sweeper said. It usually happens when I accidently make a random click on the text of the chat box.

7 years 2 months ago
Zulu
More
Official F99th: "The Vegas Siege" #6203
Thanks guys........

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds