TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5752
Welcome Pilots to : The Battle of Pahute

SIT REP:
Russian forces have dug into the Pahute Mesa, establishing road blocks all along the main road leading in and out of the area.
They have built a large and dynamic SAM network that must be destroyed.

Red Tasking:
Maintain control of the Pahute Mesa.
U.S. Forces will be trying to move ground units through the hills to the east. We have established road blocks along the main route and are sending in ground reinforcements.
Use all available assets to assist in maintaining our control over this vital area.

MI-8 SLING LOAD MISSIONS:
4000 lbs cargo located at the Mesa Strip should be brought to any location that is blowing orange smoke. These will add tanks to reinforce our road blocks.

Blue Tasking:
We have our limited ground forces stacked near our Forward FARP. We need to move them through the hills, destroying any road blocks or enemy resistance in our way.
We must get at least one unit, from one of these groups to the top! We have no reinforcments! This is it! Protect our ground forces moving through the hills at all costs!

MI-8 SLING LOAD MISSIONS:
4000 lbs cargo located at Groom needs to be air lifted to the forward farp. Each cargo delivered grants a new FARP feature.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5754

7 years 4 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5758
Bugs:
Snipers Mirages don't have Snipers skins, they're using Doctors skins.

Questions:
Most of the pubbie birds have F99th skins, intentional? Those b*stards don't deserve our awesomeness!
[/s]
Requests:
Ditch the Sniper F-5s and replace them with the Mirages (at North Las Vegas - that airfield is fun.)

Really good mission, flew an A-10 earlier today (I suck at Hawg Driving) and had a blast...With your SA-6+Mortar team on the hill! ;) Liking the air defenses, as well - Not easy getting in there on Blue with "double digits" spamming missiles at you...Add MiGs onto that and this mission gets tough as the player count goes up.

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5760
Bugs Addendum:
Please make sure those Doctors Mirage skins stay in, I am loving me some Mirage time in proper "Docs" camo.
Questions Addendum:
J/k but not really j/k.. :P You were right the first time Sweep, own it. Plus when they get in them and don't have the skin pack, they just turn it in to another boring Lakenheath F-15 or default AdA French Mirage or whatever A-10.. (is it the Maryland one? for some reason that Baltimore Ravens head icon comes to mind). We already see enough of those from our own members who aren't up to speed putting their skins in order.

Requests Addendum:
The SAMs.. I'm thrilled to finally see some SHORADS protecting all those heavy SA-10 investments we're used to seeing in a Tracer mission, but I'm wondering if you took the idea and ran with it a little too enthusiastically. There's not a problem with the numbers of SAMs so much, I would just like to get rid of the scripting trickery that turns off the radars and makes the anti-radiation missiles completely ineffective. SA-15s will already shoot down half of the missiles we fire at them, they'll still be a relative pain in the ass if the Su-25Ts are allowed to assume their traditional DEAD roles and have some degree of success. Right now, the most effective way to take them out is to take an F-15 on the deck and attempt to strafe the damn things, and even for me that's kind of a tall order. Sweep seems to have it down pretty well, but it might be 50/50 odds that he's on Red reaping the advantage of all those Tors keeping our Blue heads dug down in the dirt, so to speak. If we give back the 25Ts their DEAD capabilities, however shitty they may be in ED's latest update, I think that would resolve that issue.

Also on a second SAM-related note, I think it's time to Make Blue Main Base AAD Great Again. Red has their own airfield with a similar level of AAD as the main objective in the AO, Blue should have their equivalent at Nellis and North Las Vegas. Now that Red isn't spawning in mid-air from nothing and nowhere with this "harass the shit out of Blue" tasking, I don't see any compelling reason that they should have a SAM-free ticket to sneak in and vulch Blue at their spawn points. Especially considering that the rotary-wing force is spawning near the AO with their hands full establishing defenses there, Blue should just get a couple Patriots and a mix of Avenger/Linebacker/Vulcan SHORADS to match the Commie sumbitches.

Finally, there's some Blue group that I've seen people send on a little march down south and around Pahute to run in from the West flank unopposed, I'm not sure exactly where it starts from but it looked like basically a bunch of M113s. It's essentially an EZ-mode, quick-win option and it's a little lame. I'd recommend a handful of Red tanks on the back end to at least make it so Blue has to intervene on some level to get the win rather than just this "hold out and watch the clock long enough to accommodate the transit time" option.

Conclusion:
I think we've got another Tracer Classic Mission on our hands. We've only had this mission a couple days so far to play it, but I've already had so much fun in every different role, I think this is my new favorite. Maybe even the best mission yet. Awesome fricken job, Tracer. And I know you've been particularly busy as of late with work and such. You are a goddamn rockstar, sir. I imagine it will take some doing, but one day I will try to work "Tracerfacer" in to my firstborn child's name somewhere in your honor. Something like "Josephus T. Schiffman, the 'T' is for Tracerfacer." Who wouldn't like to say that when introducing themselves?

Side note for F99th members 5 years from now:
Assemble a mission playlist called TCM for "Tracer Classic Missions" and give those "Turner Classic Movies" people a run for their "TCM" money.

7 years 4 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5761
Fixed that "j/k"

:D

7 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5762
I don't appear to have sniper 2000 skins in my inventory.. just the f5's - so will square that away some other day.

nick replaced the 'default' usa skin for the 2000 - so if you have that skin installed, you will see that skin. I.e. I didn't give any pub planes an f99th skin.. they just show up that way cuz the default was replaced.

The SAM network 'trickery' - I snickered when I read that. :) - I am leaving that in.. but I have made the following changes:

1. Added another SAM group (haha)
2. Removed all the menu items allowing individual control.
3. Status can be: All ON - ALL OFF - CYCLE (In cycle mode - they will change their status every 500 seconds) controlled via f10 menu.

The cycle timer was much shorter before. like 1:30 - 2 mins - and they were changing status - now they will be on longer and for a set number of seconds (500) before switching.

Also addressed the lack of AAA at blue bases.

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5763
Oh, so the radar on/off thing was player controlled? Or what exactly was going on that trashed every anti-radiation missile that got thrown at it?

By AAA do you mean gun-based air defense only? What's wrong with a Patriot or two? It's Vegas, a major economic and cultural establishment of the US and state of Nevada (actually, in the case of Nevada it's really the only thing they have going for them other than a bunch of radioactive dimples in the ground). You don't think we could borrow back a couple of the batteries we sent to Turkey because of the possibility of ordnance landing in their territory from the Syrian Civil War in light of an actual shooting war deep in the mainland United States versus an occupying Russian force?

Also for clarification, I think Groom Lake is good starting with no AAD. Heli pilots can and should address that in short order. It's just North Las Vegas and Nellis AFB that I'm talking about making great again.

7 years 4 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5764

f99th.com/forum/38/811 -- Snipers Mirage skins.

Also, yeah I don't use Nick's default Mirage skin anymore - Guess that one's on me -- The Doc skin is the default US skin for me now so I guess that's why it shows up like that.

7 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5765
On the first go-around I had it set so that the F10 menu could control each of the groups individually. You could turn them off or on individually. Now you can either turn them on turn them off or turn them into cycle mode. red player could/ can control the status via the F10 menu.

What you describe is still possible.

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5766

The Docs skin is the only one that's actually assigned to the M2000C under the US faction. If you create a US Mirage and have the Docs pack, the drop-down menu in the mission editor will default to that. If you don't have the pack, that list will be empty and DCS defaults to the regular AdA one. Don't know why Razbam set the Mirage as a US-playable aircraft but didn't include the US faction as an option in any of their skins.

7 years 4 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5767

So what you're saying is that the real issue there is the schmucky guy sitting in the Blue TS channel or ground commander listening/looking for the "Magnum" and then quickly turning off the Red AAD to trash the missile? Hmmm...

7 years 4 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5768
I can make an edit to the red/black default overwriting one, or alternatively get rid of it altogether IMO. I'd honestly just run one group for doctor and one for Snipers. It's strange how they set it up but oh well no big deal. The skin Sweeper linked is the preferred one, there is a generic one included in that pack as per request by Pyro!

I think changing out the timer for the SAMs is probably what was needed as they usually shut off just as you get a shot off at it. G-man and I learned that A-10 hunting SAM's works pretty swell with a couple of mavs and your gun. But that being said it's still alot of fun even when getting shot up.

Edit: The old mirage skin overwriting default was an error on my part, I didn't even realize it would overwrite it and default it at first. But I just ran with it afterwards.

7 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5776
added specific mi-8 sling load missions to both red and blue. OP updated.

7 years 3 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5802
From my limited testing last night, It seems that the first sling load triggers the defenses but subsequent sling loads do not trigger anything. Additionally, it seems that no matter how careful I am, the AA sling load rope tears every time. If someone else could try to duplicate it would be appreciated.

Also, any way we can get a desert camo on the F-5E.... Black is not the best color for the desert.

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5803
Curious, sling load could still be bugged in mp

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5829
So removing all of the "play sound to all" action triggers seems to have resolved the repeated and frequent crashing. Ran 3 times tonight with no crashes.

7 years 3 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5831
Oh wow! Nice find on a fix Tracer. How did you come up with that one? was the log pointing you in that direction? I am finally at a point of excitement for DCS again, we have great missions (including some new ones) a cool well rendered environment, a full server, and cool aircraft that are somewhat close to release. I can only hope that 2.5 will come with good things next year.

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5832
Yeah, out of the 3 crash logs that I sent over to ED one of them contained a reference to a sound event. I had recently added all of those "sound to all" action events to that mission, and it started crashing left and right...

kind of a bummer. I liked the beeps and clicks!

7 years 3 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5833
Yah they were really quite neat, actually made me look over and see what was happening. Oh well I guess, RIP soviet anthem

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th : The Battle of Pahute #5834
Oh no..the theme songs are still there. That only gets triggered once at the end.

It was all of the notification beeps and clicks that I would trigger at various events, to as you say, make you look up that I had to remove.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds