Official 99th: Ticket to Creech

6 years 7 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8904
This mission has been getting a lot of play lately.. so I went and mixed things up a bit..

Red team now has their first "Side Mission" - Up until this point, their role has been to just 'stop blue'. This mission aids them in that effort. Here are the details not in the mission briefing:

1. Nellis is now supplied by a warehouse located near boulder.
2. 120's, 530's and Mavericks have been reduced to starting off at 10 units each.
3. Resupply happens at 90% (I.e. if even 1 of the 10 is used, a resupply request is made to the warehouse that has more)
4. Speed of resupply is max (541kts!) checking every 5 mins (may have to tweak this) with a max of 100 tons per trip.

With these settings my plan is that the base always has a stockpile of the above weapons, but should the warehouse get destroyed - there will only be 10 remaining at the base - and then never resupplied again.

There are some warning messages to blue when red gets close to the warehouse.. it has some SAM cover for protection..

If it gets destroyed, a new periodic message will be displayed letting folks know why they don't have those fancy toys.

Enjoy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago
Zulu
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8905
Thanks Tracer. Nice refresh.

6 years 7 months ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8907
Sounds like a fun road trip for my KA-50

6 years 7 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8908

Now that is one of the cases where my ERs should be replaced with 4x FAB-100s. :D Can't wait to try it out.

6 years 7 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8921

Sent 12 Vikhrs up that things hatch and it didn't even flinch. Not sure if the 25ML missiles work but Vikhrs do not.

On a side note, there's a ton of sams defending it...

6 years 7 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8922
You are going to need around 1500lbs of high explosive or a BETAB-500 to kill the bunker. I don't even think a Kh-29 has the moxie to put a dent into it.

On a side note, is there any way to get a Hip and a warehouse on both Nellis and Groom? I'd like to be able to provide for a means to place additional air defenses should the main ones get knocked out.

Also, I found a random blue smoke in the desert to the west of Groom Lake yesterday... I'm pretty sure it was not supposed to be there.

6 years 7 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8924

Re-attacked with a toad, the Kedge (Kh-29T) did the job just fine. Not sure if the vikhrs did accumulate damage before but I guess there's only 1 way to find out.

I saw that a while ago as well an thought maybe a helicopter dropped it somewhere lol :D

6 years 7 months ago
Kocrachon
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8928
I hope constructive criticism is welcomed. :P

So, I have two concerns. Why take away the Super 530s? The Super 530s perform worst than the Aim-7s, and leaves Mirages with only heaters. That basically puts the US in position of having only three F-15s to provide medium range CAP, where as RedFor will have Mig-29, Su-27s, and MIrages. I know its a big deal to defend it, and adds to the element, but I feel like it super gimps the blufor, and really makes it easy to spawn camp blufor, really nerfs a-10s with having no cap AND no missiles, all because of...

2. Its been really easy for me to pull this off thanks to crappy SAM AI logic in the game right now. I have been able to destroy the bunker pretty easily even with CAP waiting for me. Sure, it takes me a long time (about 30-40 minutes) but I am able to fly low enough for the patriots not to engage, and far enough to launch so IR wont get a shot off before I drop a 2000 pounder.

My only change request is either spread out the AA defenses a little more in a bigger circle, so SEAD IS necessary (i took it out with all patriot sites up and F-15 cap waiting for me) or maybe leave the Super 530s for the mirage.

6 years 7 months ago
Narokuu
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8929
Kocrachon is correct and i agree fully. especially with the need for SEAD. also speed.

6 years 7 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8931
Then you might as well do the same to
1) Alamo, Sam sites are too easy to bypass and the AAA doesn't do anything
2) SA-10 Site near Pahrump protecting the Oil Derricks is getting nailed by F-15s. Should say enough about how well it does its job

6 years 7 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8932
I can't help that SAMs suck now. Doesn't matter where I put them or how I arrange them. If they don't fire, they don't fire. Nothing I can do about that. Pretty frustrating all around.

That being said, if you can hang out for 30-40 mins picking away at that sam site, and then have enough bombs to take out the bunker and not get killed by all the F15's you say are flying around..then you are either uber pilot of the year.. or blue team should mind the stuff that's important to them. Protect your stuff if you want to keep it.

I have already sorta made plans to break that up into 3 separate bunkers - so you don't lose all three toys at the same time. But the whole point of it was to gimp bluefor.

Not opposed to changing stuff.. but I'd like to give it a bit more time to let this bake the way it is. Alot of folks probably are not even aware that I made the change and that there was something there to protect, and so for now making your time of it easier than it would be say.. 6 months from now when everyone is aware that there is something there to protect (and that it's important).

It was a subtle change to the mission in that it was not obvious that I changed anything. But it has far reaching impact. I think if we give it just a bit more time, you will see more effort made to defend that location.

6 years 7 months ago
Kocrachon
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8933

I didn't pick away at the SAM at all.

Flew a super low path north, then south to the east side of echo bay, popping up over a hill next to the water to drop off my bombs. I was able to pop up long enough to drop bombs and get instantly shot down by the F-15 in the area. The patriots pinged me but never actually engaged me, even as I was right over target. So F-15s knew I was in the area, but there was so much mountain cover near echo bay for a low flying A-10 to hide behind. I will upload the video (Its a highlight to me anyways).

Maarku tried really hard to find and stop me. And couldn't, even though my CAP (Pyro) decided to nose dive into a hill first.

My only suggestion if you want to keep it as is. would be to add more sam sites in an outer ring, that are not just patriots. Patriots don't seem to do well engaging low flying planes. Maybe add some Avengers or Linebackers to the area.

6 years 7 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8934
"Maybe add some Avengers or Linebackers to the area."

I can do that..

Did the manpads or the vulcans fire at all?

I'll have to check the skill settings of each unit.. maybe if I increase that it will fire more.

6 years 7 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #8935
- up'ed all the skill settings for every sam in the mission.
- gave the 530's back.

6 years 5 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #9099
- took away sam cover for the aim120 warehouse.
- added helos to the aim120 warehouse area. Build your own D.
- moved all the farps around again.

6 years 5 months ago
Kocrachon
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #9107
Wasn't the point of the AIM120 warhouse just a "Wet Dream Hard Teamwork" kind of side mission for OpFor? To be frank, I don't really expect many Helo players taking the time to setup defense for that base. Even then, HAWK sites are still pretty broken hit or miss. So it feels like F-15s are about to take a huge nerf so long as Russians have no way of losing ET/ERs.

6 years 2 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #9280
Creech mission doesn't have AGM-122 Sidearms at Nellis.

6 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #9282
fixed.

6 years 2 weeks ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official 99th: Ticket to Creech #9347
by request, new cargo has been added for the huey's. 500lbs for 500 tickets. Enjoy!

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds