AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

DCS: Update 2.6.22.24

6 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8151
Big problems with the latest 2.0 update. Updater 2.6.22.24. It has completely ruined my DCS installation. Re-running the updater, or invoking the repair does not work. Restarting the computer after the update or repair, as suggested by pb_magnet on TS, does not help, either. I get some error messages and a log file, which I'll post if anyone wants to see them. I am hesitant (as quite a few of us are, nowadays) to post this on ED forums, as in their own eyes they can do no wrong and would probably just delete my post again.

Some support they have; all is rosy as long as you're lavishing praise their way. LOL!

In any case, is anyone else having this difficulty? I'm willing to PM them about it, to save them blemishing their delicate and pristine public face. The point is, it needs to be addressed, and I'd like to join forces with others who are having the problem.

Or otherwise know who might have found the fix. I certainly haven't... :?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago
runny
More
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8152
Yeah a forum post probably won't get more than some community manager or mod asking you to attach all kinds of logs and do all kinds of tests which the actual developers will never look at.

I'd send a ticket just as a FYI, but I'd probably completely reinstall at this point.

6 years 9 months ago
Zulu
More
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8153

6 years 9 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8154
I had to go through a complete reinstall for that. Its tedious (even with a VERY swift connection like I do), but ultimately it worked out for me.

6 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8155
Then it will probably have to be the reinstall. Oh well...

I'm just wondering; those who had problems and those who didn't. Who has Nevada and Normandy installed? Who only Nevada?

Or did everyone have big issues?

6 years 9 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8156
I only have Nevada. Friend of mine has Normandy too but he did not experience this issue.. Hardly think its theater related tho :/

6 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8157

LOL! You never know, with DCS. When setting the weather at anything but default can cause server timeouts and crashes (ask Tracer, he knows!), missing components like a theater that the update is looking for hooks to could just as easily cause that update to corrupt the program / update process. This sort of oversight seems to be becoming more frequent on ED's part as DCS grows more and more into an external module / dependency rich, huge, unstable monster! :D

But, as I said, it was just a thought, and I'm glad to hear that you had luck with only Nevada installed (as I have installed, no Normandy). I wanted to know if it was worth the time to reinstall, right off the bat. Thanks for the info!

6 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Topic Author
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8159

That's what it came down to, eventually. It really has been a saga, on this occasion. It kept updating, then immediately deleting everything it had just installed, both with repair or update. Hours and hours of the computer left on. Strangest case ever, that I've seen.

Anyway, just finished the complete reinstall, now downloading Nevada and the modules. Hope this works.

I'm getting scared of DCS, now. :S

6 years 9 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8161

Did it "verify integrity of files" before? That used to take a bit on my machine but this update it was like *SWOOOP*! done in less than a second, and did something very similar to what you described, hence the reinstall measures I took :blink:
But hey, who needs working installers anyway? :D

6 years 9 months ago
runny
More
DCS: Update 2.6.22.24 #8165
Nobody needs working installers if you don't have a working download.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds