The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Guess whos baaaaaack (new update with pics!)

8 years 8 months ago
Narokuu
More
Topic Author
Guess whos baaaaaack (new update with pics!) #134
Greetings and salutations fellow pilots

Ok ill cut the crap, how the hell is everyone!! i missed you all accept you tracer you are A GOOFBALL (i kid)

wanted to extend my deepest apologies for my MIA, but life happens, i tracked you guys down and glad i am able to fly again, pictures below of my HOTAS mounts for my desk, this will take some getting used to but i have been playing ED and DCS trying to get re acquainted with flying. i am pulling 1-200 viewers on twitch lately and been super busy.
On top of all that i have had to deal with both of my grandparents in and out of the hospital, but grandpa is stable, and grandmother is being transferred to an extended care home in town, so ill be able to game a TON more now. Tracer requested that i post pictures of my HOTAS setup so i am. i have to find a way to sit a little more comfortable and ill e back flying in no time. Hopefully more people play DCS and ED because i am excited to fly again! Thanks again for letting me apart of the family. hope to see you guys in ts3.

Over view of the setup

Base of the HOTAS, cast iron or steel (some sort of cast metal) floor flange that screws onto an adapter for 1.5 inch PVC pipe, very sturdy and works well, for now i am using double sided sticky pads for the mounting, (in a few days im going to buy some velcro, it will be better) and eventually when i can ill get pieces of wood, and bolt it to the flange.

Another over view of the setup

Final picture, overview of the area, ocne again its a tiny desk, and a tiny area to work with, also sorry for the crappy lighting in my house.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago
runny
More
Guess whos baaaaaack (new update with pics!) #1279
Sweet! I'm also getting 0-10,000,000 viewers daily as well :P

Good to see you back naro

8 years 8 months ago
Narokuu
More
Topic Author
Guess whos baaaaaack (new update with pics!) #1280
haha thanks Runny, but im averaging 100 or so on twitch, its nice because im able to pay my bills now and actually have a life, its been nearly 5 years since i was able to do this.

8 years 8 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Guess whos baaaaaack (new update with pics!) #1281
lol i first thought u used axle shafts in pvc pipe >.> was about to say dam dude! still though, i cant wait for my x55 to get back from warranty work, my poor microsoft sidewinder precision 2 can only play elite so well and i have to use the keyboard for half the things *GASP* i miss my hotas, after i get mine back ill take a picture of my setup as well, ive been needing to do that but i keep forgetting

Welcome back! i still have a week or so till ill be ready to get back myself

8 years 8 months ago
Arctic
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Guess whos baaaaaack (new update with pics!) #1282
Looks like we're all getting into the action about the same time. Tomorrow's racing event will likely be my last for a few days while the TM Warthog is enroute.

Don't knock the old Sidewinders, I flew the Shark on them and kept using them until well past the release of the A-10. I've still never felt a movement as nice as the Sidewinder FFB 2. Had the snazzy edition with the rubberised handle and everything. Wasn't worth selling due to acquiring the X52... :pinch:

8 years 8 months ago
Toolbandit
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Guess whos baaaaaack (new update with pics!) #1314
hey man welcome back man, diggin the mount. I cant fly with my hotas sitting on the desk ether. anyways glad things are going good for you!
Tool-

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds