DCS bugs

8 years 9 months ago
Arctic
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
DCS bugs #100
Well, there's a new one. Can't say I've ever seen that happen before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS bugs #1094
looks like which ever monitor setup lua file you are using got outa wack.

DCS WorldConfigMonitorSetup

8 years 9 months ago
Arctic
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
DCS bugs #1095
Nope, restarted DCS and problem never came back.

8 years 9 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS bugs #1105
Speaking of bugs, Saitek's X52 drivers and software are not very compatible with windows 10, which I am now running. Saitek has a post on their facebook about drivers coming soon, but no exact timeline. DCS 2 was at one point "coming soon" and we still don't have that. My faith in developers as a whole is almost nil at this point.

Anyway, that is why I haven't been on. Plugging in the X52 with the drivers installed and a profile selected just about bricks the computer every time.

8 years 9 months ago
runny
More
DCS bugs #1106
Yeah saitek really drops the ball on drivers. I can yank my x55 cables very quickly thanks to all the practice I get trying to beat my computer to a RAM overload.

8 years 9 months ago
Toolbandit
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
DCS bugs #1107
?

8 years 9 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
DCS bugs #1114
im confused to about that last statement but ill agree about there not being windows 10 drivers for anything usefel yet, one more reason for me to wait till i upgrade. its like buying a brand new car / body style, theres nothing in the market for it yet.

8 years 9 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS bugs #1129
yeah, by bricks, in this case I simply mean it locks out user input to a point where keyboard and mouse commands do nothing but emit a loud beep. For anyone who tried x 52 with a recent teamspeak for PTT, they know the loud beeps i'm talking about.

8 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
DCS bugs #1132
Yeah, agreed. I have Win 10 all downloaded and good to go, but I am holding off on the install until I hear a lot more good things about it than bad. I had a discussion about 'ten over on another forum, which included answers by someone who works for MS, and I am not convinced, yet. My main worry is re-install in case a drive goes up the spout, or whatever, as there is no physical install media for the OS. The procedure seems a bit hazy from MS, regarding this issue. This here is giving me more reason not to commit, for now.

8 years 9 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS bugs #1134
I did the upgrade using Media Creation Tool . With this I was able to install Windows 10 as an upgrade using a USB Stick. Once upgraded and I verified all works and my upgrade had actually created a license, I then reinstalled by booting off of the USB stick and installing windows 10 fresh. My system is fast and stable save for the X52 problems I listed earlier. Because the license (for windows 10) automatically stored with my Microsoft account, the reinstall also automatically verified itself in the reinstalled version with no interaction from me.

In any case, Good luck.

8 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
DCS bugs #1135
Thanks Squid, great information!

8 years 9 months ago
Hawss
More
DCS bugs #1145
Upgrading to 10 actually fixed my boot issue with Saitek rudder pedals plugged in. After building this PC, windows 7 would hang at twirling windows graphic at start. Boot would be normal if I powered th PC on without the pedals plugged into the USB. Win 10 resolves that because of the new default drivers it uses. I did not install the Saitek driver, and all is perfect now.

I have had great experiences so far with 10.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds