The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Echo Bay

7 years 2 months ago
Molasses
More
Topic Author
Echo Bay #6220
Only 2 F-15 Slots against 5 Su-27 and 2 Mig 29 slots seems a bit unfair to the blue side. Cards are stacked against blue anyway. Having to Destroy everything in the city of eco bay and then take the airfield. I was shot down 4 times for no victories tonight and I was flying air to air. I went back air to ground and got shot down for the 5th time before I finally gave up. Echo bay has become impossible for blue when more than 2 Red players are in the game. :cry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Echo Bay #6222
moved some stuff around and added 4 more F15's - ala DOCTORS

6 years 9 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Echo Bay #8075
The Red side SAM @ Nellis (Tor I believe) should be non movable. People have started moving them toward boulder killing folks on TO. Also once they get destroyed there's no more Nellis coverage. Just a thought

6 years 9 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Echo Bay #8078
Nellis could have an SA-3 site and some of the ZU-23 emplacements scattered around the airfield. That will keep the red side from sending AA units to Boulder and Henderson.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Echo Bay #8079
Noted. Will address on next edit.

6 years 9 months ago
Miles
More
Echo Bay #8090
Hey Tracer,
Thanks for all the hard work you and your crew do. I don't think I would be playing much DCS if it wasn't for your server. I mostly fly rotary wing and was wondering what your thoughts are on limiting the amount of ground vehicles that can be unpacked at once by each side. Like you do with Hawks and KUBs. I think it would require us to think and talk our ground tactics through a little more if we have limited resources. It always seems like I am cheating when we can spawn a company of tanks in 1 minute.
Thanks again,
Miles

6 years 9 months ago
LokiV7
More
Echo Bay #8095
> I am cheating when we can spawn a company of tanks in 1 minute

It is cheating, yes.

You're supposed to spawn the jeep, hover over the jeep, take it somewhere, drop and unpack. I'd like to think people could simply follow the mechanics of this as it's intended, rather than have to make us prevent it through code. I sort of understand random public folks doing that, since they might not actually know how it works, but I often hear our folks teaching others specifically how to spawn them in waves, and the reason given is always "well the other side does it, so we'll do it." I personally think it's cheating. If I lose because the other side cheats, in my opinion it's a compliment. Plus, we have enough problems with the server crashing; deliberately creating units more quickly and at a higher quantity than the missions are designed to handle, seems counterproductive.

If we -do- block it, i'd like to see some kind of cooldown timer (have it take the unpack option away for a little bit and then put it back after a certain amount of time?), or a rule that if there's more than x unpacked jeeps in an area, unpacking one blows them all up. :) or! it spawns them, but, somewhere far away instead? :)

/shrug. I just think it's cheating. Some of those items in the list require 2 or 3 crates, supposedly making them rare to create, but when people spawn 10-15 of them in 30 seconds, it lessens the whole point of doing it the right way.

If we -do- want to allow for fast spawning of vehicles, then just change the ctld menu to outright spawn vehicles themselves. It'd at least save the server a couple steps. :-/

6 years 9 months ago
shadow
More
Echo Bay #8100

There is a version of CTLD(ctld_exploit_fix) in the scripts folder that places a cool down on the crate request, while it doesn't get rid of problem, it does make it harder/longer to amass unit swarms.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Echo Bay #8120
Exploit fix added. And some other.. Stuff.

Nellis aaa not drivable.

6 years 9 months ago
shadow
More
Echo Bay #8173
Hey Tracer, after Loki mentioned that the spawn buffer in the new echo bay wasn't working, I looked at the CTLD you had in the mission, it looks like you didn't copy over all the parts of the buffer to make it work. You will need the core function ctld.crateSpawnBuffer located at lines 1543-1548 and the conditional check at 1569-1575 in CTLD_exploit_fix

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Echo Bay #8178
Took it out. Was crashing the script. Hadn't had time to ask shadow about it. Maybe just the version in TeamSpeak.

6 years 9 months ago
shadow
More
Echo Bay #8180

Hmm, will look into it, we just ran a mission today with that script without issues.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Echo Bay #8181
The one in TeamSpeak doesn't work then. Put it in a fresh mission and it errors on line 5723 or something.

6 years 9 months ago
shadow
More
Echo Bay #8190

Replaced the one on the server with a working one, don't know how that one made it through, sorry about that.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Echo Bay #8191

Will give it another try.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds