More
Topic Author
Three new mission ideas and/or concepts #7305
So…I noticed on today’s update, the was a listing of winning mission designers:

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478&page=8
1. 1st Place: Zone 51 UFO by Granica
2. 2nd Place: Project Erebus by Stink inc
3. 3rd Place: Quick Mission for A-10C by Neon67

Now I couldn’t open a link to view the missions in any form, and it kind of torqued me off about the 1st place winner, because I’ve been thinking about something like that for a while, kind of a three part mission. I guess technically that would be a campaign, but none the less here is the premise:

I just can’t figure out how to create randomness, along with scripts and triggers to make the mission work the way I envision it to. Anyway, I think the concept is pretty cool, and if you any of you want to take this over, I’ll send the graphics and concept ideas to you.

There are 2 other ideas I do think Tracer would be perfect in creating:

1. Based on Black Hawk Down, and making Vegas the Mogadishu of the NTTR map. In some ways it would be kind of like the Vegas Extraction mission, but with a lot more smaller “insurgent” units raising hell, and trying to interfere with our objective. It may also be beneficial to limit the amount of players.

2. Lastly is a Behind Enemy Lines, except this takes place on the Black Sea Map, and may consist of encircled Army units in danger of obliterated. Extraction would be necessary along with stopping large scale enemy re-enforcements and the CAP & CAS the said enemy would require.

I think both of these scenarios would benefit from heavy penalties for taking out civilians, or having a “Neutral Force” to substitute for civilians. I wish there was way to do a player "ime-out" penalty as well, like you couldn't re-join for 10-15 minutes.

Anyway, I just a few things to consider for the right people with the right aptitude and knowledge to put together a few great new missions.

Hope everyone has a good weekend,
Zulu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds