AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

[arma] Making Ground.

8 years 1 month ago
runny
More
Topic Author
[arma] Making Ground. #468
So I've been messing around with arma's dedicated server program and from what I can tell so far I'm able to host and play at the same time (on the same machine) pretty easily. Also, Weasel was pinging it at 150 which is really good IMO considering the distance and the fact that I'm not exactly a internet hub, plus his internet situation..

So I think I can host stuff. That's square one I guess.

Today I was tinkering with ALiVE. In particular, their online database and persistence features. I put together a very quick testing mission and was able to make it persist players (you exit the server and connect again with your position, ammo, score, everything) and was also able to make the entire mission persist (server saves and exits, can shut down completely, and load it all back again as if it were singleplayer) which is really cool. It opens the door to really big missions where things like building FOBs would actually be worthwhile and fun since they'd be there when we loaded in again a week later. To me that's pretty much the holy grail.

I was running into some trouble getting wreckreation to persist though. The players do but it's tripping up on saving the entire mission.

Either way, I think I'm going to narrow down the mods to a few core ultra-necessary mods and then build a mission around that or even have a look if anyone already has MSO type missions that are decent. I know they're out there but they're hard to find.

Anyway, I'm excited for arma again. Especially with the persistence stuff because then we could designate a 'arma night' ones a week or so and always pick up where we left off.

By the way, I was hoping to really test how much my PC can handle. All my 'testing' so far has only been with one other player. Maybe we can try one of these days with 10 or more? I can just throw up a vanilla mission to make it super easy to connect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago
runny
More
Topic Author
[arma] Making Ground. #3416
I have a insurgency mission that I've modified to be persistent. I've tested it the last couple days and it's all working.

The server is called 'Fighting 99th'

Required mods:

ACE3
ALiVE
CBA_A3
RHS_AFRF3
RHS_USF3

Recommended Mods:

CAF_AG
CAF_AG_AUDIOPATCH
MAS_NATO_RUS_SF_VEH
NATO_RUSSIAN_SF_WEAPONS
JSRS3
LSD_NVG
MCC_SANDBOX_A3
UK_SFTG_A3
ASDG_JR

8 years 1 month ago
runny
More
Topic Author
[arma] Making Ground. #3417
Server is up and running, I'll probably leave it going all day.

8 years 3 weeks ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
[arma] Making Ground. #3615
Finally got around to installing all the mods!

8 years 3 weeks ago
runny
More
Topic Author
[arma] Making Ground. #3616
Sweet, hopefully we can get something going one of these evenings or, more likely, the weekend.

8 years 2 weeks ago
runny
More
Topic Author
[arma] Making Ground. #3655
The mods listed here can be considered 'official' for now.

8 years 2 weeks ago
Narokuu
More
[arma] Making Ground. #3658
Runny i made the pack on PWS for us its called F99th Arma Mods here are the links

withsix.com/p/arma-3/collections/VuC2zrE...Ny3g/F99th-Arma-Mods

or in PWS just sue this link pws://?c=VuC2zrE2lEmvwyAw8mNy3g

This will download all then mods recommended and mandatory for anyone that wants to play with us.

i recommend using Arma3 Sync after downloading them to actually LAUNCH your game, it works much better, i can walk anyone through it that needs help

Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds