Squadron Op: Black Sea : Black Gold

8 years 4 weeks ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Squadron Op: Black Sea : Black Gold #517
Please join us for another round of Black Sea fighting in Operation Black Gold.

@ 1900 on 4/20 (this coming wed)

Event Registration and Mission Briefing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 weeks ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Squadron Op: Black Sea : Black Gold #3746
Tonights OP consists of 5 way points for red, and 5 for blue. Each WP has approx 15-20 hard targets. Pumping stations in particular cannot be killed with guns or CBU's. We will be flying blue tonight.

The flight times are rather long. You will need to account for ingress, loiter, egress times as well as fuel consumption.

There are NO AWAC's or Refueling.

I've modified the mission so there will be constant cap rolling into the area. Re-spawns at 1200 seconds.

As we clear each WP - ANOTHER SET OF ENEMY CAP LAUNCHES - which will also re-spawn after killing.

CAP should coordinate to provide constant CAP coverage or the CAS sorties will be at the their mercy. CAS should coordinate with CAP so they are not in the area with out a CAP presence.

CAP should also be aware of the bombers that spawn every hour and will try to bomb our starting air fields.

SAM Cover will be fairly light. Couple of SA-19's (I know I know.. you all wanted SA10's)

While we are trying to destroy their targets.. they will also try to destroy one of ours.. at some point in the mission. Keep your eyes peeled for any ground units moving towards our positions.

F10 Menu will tell which way points are active.

HELO's - Building SAMS, and moving ground assets to the enemy WP's to assist in clearing the zones.

Given the number of targets at each WP and the flight times, I don't expect us to be able to beat this mission. But if we could clear at least 2 way points, I'd call that a success.

Server will of course be public, so we could experience public players jumping into red slots, building sams, running more CAP, etc.

See you in the air gents!

8 years 3 weeks ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Squadron Op: Black Sea : Black Gold #3748

Hmm.

As a result, no SEAD requirement for the SU-25T whatsoever in this mission, especially now that ED's Tunguskas "cheat" by firing directly in silent DVO without using the target acquisition radar at all, not even a moment, even if only for IFF purposes alone.

Here, look. I'm not joking ...

Maybe that's why Tracer likes using them, you know, THE and all. LOL!

I could tell it is a great mission for A-10C's, though. Nice one.

8 years 3 weeks ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Squadron Op: Black Sea : Black Gold #3749
Once again I thank you all for the nice showing tonight. My apologies to the CAP guys for not making that a bit more interesting. Could probably have added a few more and lowered the re-spawns.

Regarding SEAD - I thought the 19's would have been interesting. I didn't know there were issues with them. Sorry.

We got about as far as I thought we would. WP1 eliminated with a significant portion of WP2 destroyed.

Next week.. The Capture of Teberda! (think remember the Alamo - same style of mission)

Appreciate the comments, keep'em coming, I will try and make next week's map interesting to everyone.

8 years 3 weeks ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Squadron Op: Black Sea : Black Gold #3750

NP. I'm not even sure if they are actually issues, or some "challenging malice" on ED's part to always launch the missiles on un-slaved optic guidance. A few other missiles are behaving oddly, as I went through the lot again in evasion SP sessions after an update that totally changed the tracking ability of the SA-8, as noted on MP.

I don't know.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds