Steam Warning!!

6 years 11 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Steam Warning!! #7712
So it seems that steam keys going forward will NOT be compatible with the ED store version. Past purchases are unaffected, but suture purchases cannot be mixed and matched, which sucks pretty bad. I used to take advantage of whatever was cheaper then just play on ed store versions. Now if you buy on steam, you play on steam it seems. No more steam DCS sales for me.

Here is the ED post that relates
<table class="ModTable" style="background-color:#FFFFFF;border:1px solid #000000;border-collapse:separate;border-spacing:5px;padding:0;width:100%;color:#333333;overflow:hidden;"><tr><td class="exclamation" rowspan="2" style="background-color:#ff6060;font-weight:bold;font-family:'Times New Roman',Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:4em;color:#ffffff;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;width:1%;">&nbsp;!&nbsp;</td><td class="rowuser" style="border-bottom:1px solid #000000;font-weight:bold;">{L_MESSAGE} {L_FROM}{L_COLON} Eagle Dynamics</td></tr><tr><td class="rowtext">Please note that the DCS: M-2000C, and all future DCS World DLC releases on Steam, will now use Steam Keys instead of Starforce keys. As such, these purchases cannot be activated on the DCS World e-Shop version. Previous purchases will not be affected.
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3137085&postcount=86 </td></tr></table>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Steam Warning!! #7713
Yup, there was a thread about it over on the ED forums. It might be a precursor to ED abandoning the stand alone versions... which I hope is not the case.

6 years 11 months ago
Narokuu
More
Steam Warning!! #7720
Yikes. i have used both versions of the game and the standalone always seem to run better. But that's just me. if they go pure steam it doestn make any sense. as steam takes a HUGE cut. and ED doestn make a ton of money as is on each module unless they develop it. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

6 years 11 months ago
Brady
More
Steam Warning!! #7721
As far as I know Steam takes 20%. But you also have 1,000,000 people who are potentially exposed to the game that never were before. I currently run DCS standalone through steam just so I have access to chat and friends. It's also nice to have everything in one central location. Steam works perfectly enough for me, DCS is the only install I really have outside of it now as well. Integrate and streamline!
-Devils Advocate

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds