AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Battle for Pahute - Helicopters

7 years 4 months ago
Molasses
More
Topic Author
Battle for Pahute - Helicopters #5940
Battle for Pahute the Helicopter objectives have this.

MI-8 SLING LOAD MISSIONS:
4000 lbs cargo located at Groom needs to be air lifted to the forward farp. Each cargo delivered grants a new FARP feature.

This is nice however the narrative does not explain where the cargo is nor does the F-10 menu display any cargos for pickup. I flew around Groom for some time looking to pick up this cargo but did not find it. If we could get a more clear briefing on this cargo it might be helpful in completing this portion of the mission.

This was an initial observation when attempting to fly the helo portion of this mission for the first time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Battle for Pahute - Helicopters #5941
I actually moved those near the FARP where you start. I updated the mission briefing and added some static Mi8's to make it obvious where the crates are at the starting FARP.

These sling loads are not part of CTLD so you won't find them in the CTLD menu. When you are in range of a cargo, you will have an F6 menu item instead for "All cargos" you will select one of those and it will pop smoke. Once you attempt to move a cargo, you can't interact with it anymore. i.e. if a huey attempts to lift one of these 4000lb cargo's - and can't - it will essentially ruin that cargo item for anyone else. One and done is all you get when interacting with sling loads.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds