The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

The Day We've Been Waiting for is Finally Here!

7 years 9 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
The Day We've Been Waiting for is Finally Here! #640
Gentlemen! I know ALL of you are as excited as I am to hear that the USAF has declared Initial Operational Capability for the first F-35 squadron.

goo.gl/Ii6ko1

I'm sure many of you read my title and thought this was going to be something about the F/A-18C or F-14 modules, but it's your own damn fault for being familiar with DCS this long and still having hope. Also for all you nay-sayers, and I know there are plenty of you in the ranks of F99th, this is the day you start getting shown how wrong you are about JSF. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
The Day We've Been Waiting for is Finally Here! #4510
The Marines had IOC in the F-35 July 31 2015... heck they even just finished doing Red Flag 16-3. Air Farce...lol.
news.usni.org/2016/07/25/marine-corps-f-...lag-air-combat-debut

and yeah, I was hoping for either a Hind, Cobra, Corsair or more news on the Tomcat.

7 years 9 months ago
Mataman
Administrator
Administrator
More
The Day We've Been Waiting for is Finally Here! #4511
Aw man!, pyro. you really got me.

Yeah , I was hoping for Tomcat news. Well, like you said , we should know better. I just hope when something is finally released it wont read like this F-35 article.

"WASHINGTON — The US Air Force on Tuesday declared its first squadron of F-35As ready for battle, 15 years after Lockheed Martin won the contract to make the plane"

Ive also seen footage of the gun pod weapon test. It fires!!
At this rate maybe my 10 yr old will be able to fly a "fully armed and operational" JSF by the time he goes into the USAF.

lol, whats the saying. life imitating art or something. (Lockheed = ED)

hmmmm oh well ... back to waiting for Tomcat.

7 years 9 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
The Day We've Been Waiting for is Finally Here! #4513
Yeah I know the Marines said they had IOC way back, but we all know this is the first real IOC for F-35.

7 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
The Day We've Been Waiting for is Finally Here! #4516
Didn't get me :P

Least as far as modules are concerned. LOL! I am wise to that. I thought you would be announcing a cool team effort you'd been cooking up quietly for us to go and slay a few of the other DCS virtual squadrons in a major F-99th offensive.

How about it, btw?

:lol:

7 years 9 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
The Day We've Been Waiting for is Finally Here! #4517
That sounds like a mighty fine idea to me. Haven't thought to do something like that for a while because they're working me to death at my job and they keep switching up my schedule for no real reason. Haven't really been able to know for sure when I was free or not, but it's getting better now that I'm gonna be working less and starting classes again.

Of course I'll set up PvP matches just for Cygon, but while I'm at it who else is interested? Can I get a head count?

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds