7 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Ronin #6480
Operation Ronin

Chemical Weapons Plants have been discovered in several towns along the Southern caucasus mountain range. U.S. Special Operations Command is requesting coordinated strikes on 3 target areas. Intel indicates that the Chemical Plants are interconnected with a communications tower in the area.

**Both the plant, and the coms tower need to be destroyed within 15 seconds of each other to avoid emergency backup systems from coming online ** - this must be a coordinated strike with your wingman.

Each target at each target area is marked with its own WP in your nav systems. Targets are as follows:

Target Area 1
WP 1 & 2
Target Area 2
WP 3 & 4
Target Area 3
WP 5 & 6

WP 7 is landing

WP 8 (for those that have it) is for a Navigation Fix.

** Loitering in the target areas could also cause emergency backup defense systems to come online **
** Mission ends after Blue destroys all 6 targets OR 3 hours after first target is destroyed.
** Check F10 coms menu for active target areas.

Get In – Hit’em hard – Get out!

Currently limited to Viggens, Mirages, Fishbeds, Frogfoots.
Uploaded to Mission Builders in TeamSpeak

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Official F99th: Operation Ronin #6481
Sounds awesome, can't wait to try it.

For the Viggens I would request some sort of navigation fix waypoint so we can make sure to have accurate guidance near the target area. I assume it's inland somewhere, so unless there's a uniquely-shaped lake or something a visual fix over a road intersection/river bend/part of a town is probably the way to go. If there is a lake or some other terrain feature that we can get a good look at it on the radar, a radar fix would be sweet.

7 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Ronin #6483
Added a "FIX" WP.
Added win condition.

Mission is uploaded to Amazon Beta server.

7 years 1 month ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Official F99th: Operation Ronin #6490
I have the triggers all working the way I want now.. This should be a really fun/interesting mission. Here is some additional info not in the mission briefing about how some of the triggers are working and what to expect.

In it's current state - A perfectly flown mission will result in zero SAM or AI Air threat. (note that real players could always be a threat)

You and a wingman approach, attack and destroy the two targets at each WP within 15 seconds of each other - a special bonus message and music plays when you are successful with this coordinated attack run. Each Target area is independant of each other (for now, more on this later).

For example:
If while attacking Target Area 1 (WP 1 & 2) - you hit your target, but your wingman sucks and he misses. Since the two targets were not destroyed within 15 seconds of each other - 2 things happen:
- 1 SAM is added at EACH target area (i.e. WP 1,2,3,4,5,6 now have a SAM) i.e. a total of 3 sams just got added
- 2 M2000's close by converge on your location.

If while attacking Target Area 2 (WP 3 & 4) - and the same thing happens (seriously, get a new wingman, ok?) - once again SAMs are added to the remaining target areas.

If you fail the coordinated attack runs in all three target areas - Target Area 3 (the farthest and the last) will have up to 7 SAMS.. :blink:

Once you start the attack - a 3 hour timer is started. You must destroy all 6 targets with in this time frame or the commies win. :S

As mentioned above - the target areas are not currently connected. You can attack any area/WP in any order.

If this mission is popular - I will make a T.H.E. version in which all 6 objectives must be destroyed within 15 seconds of each other. This would require a huge amount of coordination to have 6 targets destroyed within 15 seconds of each other, given their distances and what not. Interesting challenge. :)

7 years 1 month ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Official F99th: Operation Ronin #6491

Hillary Approves:

7 years 1 month ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Official F99th: Operation Ronin #6506
This mission sounds fantastic! It reminds me of one of my favorite aviation movies. I wish I could participate but sadly my Folland Gnat was left off the roster...just watch out for those shifty defense contractors who may try to sabotage the flight before it gets off the ground.

....and drop one on the bad guys for me.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds