Fighting 99th Forum

Welcome Vampyre to the Administration!

6 years 11 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Topic Author
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7724
Coming to an F99th TS near you:

That's not to say I expect further nuke drops any time soon, but I'm a realist.. The good news is when it does we'll have this guy Vampyre in the administration to help us deal with it.

Vampyre's been with us from the beginning of F99th and a bit before that, he's one of our best pilots in a multitude of DCS modules, and he worked on actual Tomcats (and Super Hornets, but we know which "super" the Navy should've gone with). And of course it's universally understood what a stand up guy he is. Vampyre was always someone whose word carried a lot of weight around here, but now it's my sincere honor to officially welcome him in to the F99th administration.

Outside of the handful of us that put together F99th I imagine there's not much clarity on exactly what it takes to become an admin or what it entails. We defined it back then amongst ourselves but I don't think we included it in any of our philosophical literature tucked away on the main page. The administration is a reflection of the rest of F99th, we're all equal to each other but we have the added fun of managing and making decisions to steer the development of F99th. We work together to decide what to do and how to go about doing it. On more divisive issues we might take a vote on how to proceed, but usually we can go about the business knowing there's a consensus. As far as the different responsibilities each of us has, it's up to us individually to decide what we take on. The one thing we all have in common is that when a decision needs to be made we put our heads together and try to come up with the best answer we can. To be considered for joining the administration we need to have 100% confidence in someone and it requires the sign off of everyone that's already in it.

Vampyre will be the first person to join the administration since Tracer, Mata, Runny, Gabe, and myself became the founding admin members, so for those of you who would one day like to join in the leadership of F99th, that's the standard we're looking for: 2 and a bit years of hauling CTLD crates, posting high quality airshow pictures, and sharing awesome stories from your days in the US Navy. Or something of equal or greater value.

But in all seriousness, Vampyre's a helluva guy and I'm sure he'll help us to remain a helluva group. Please join us in welcoming him to the helm of the ship!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7726
Thank you pyro. I remember when the F99th was formed from the S77th and knew, with the great group of guys leading the effort, it would be a successful endeavor. The qulity of pilots in our ranks and the amount of applicants we get to join our ranks is proof positive that we are doing things right. Today is Topgun day as well. ;)

6 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7728
Good stuff, welcome to the team!

6 years 11 months ago
Mataman
Administrator
Administrator
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7730
outstanding news! had to login just to congratulate Vampyre ! I second everything Pyro has said. A great addition to the admins. "With great power comes great....." sorry wrong movie quote. "No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Sorry, but it’s time to buzz the tower.." Congrats and Happy TopGun day !

6 years 11 months ago
shadow
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7731
Congrats Vamp, keep up your efforts in foreign relations, but remember to keep an eye on your fuel pumps, don't want to starve those TF-30s. :)

6 years 11 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7732
Nice!

6 years 11 months ago
runny
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7741
I have to share this rank? Alright, fine.

Tapes a line on the floor

That's your side, this side with the window is mine.

Just kidding, welcome :)

6 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7742
Ah! Good stuff. Wondered sometimes why Vampyre wasn't on the admin before now. :)

Congrats!

6 years 11 months ago
Zulu
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7746
Congrats Vampyre...Great guy who is appreciated by the rest us.......

6 years 11 months ago
ticman
More
Welcome Vampyre to the Administration! #7750
Congrats Vamp, I agree on the part of a hell of a man. Thanks for all you do-

Aloha

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds