The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

This is why it's a cockpit, not a flight deck.

7 years 5 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
This is why it's a cockpit, not a flight deck. #5437

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
This is why it's a cockpit, not a flight deck. #5439
Lol! Now you know the requirements of the check ride involved for the "somewhere between 5.6 to 6.4 nautical mile high club" (or 6.4 to 7.1 statute mile high club, if you are pedantic regarding unit conversion).

The report says 38,000 ft, but to me the altitude strip (uh, pun not intended?) looks like it is reading 34,000.

So, is this what daring pilots have come (sigh, puns again) down to in the 21st century? I suppose the proximity of some mildly bad weather on the WX radar increases the risk and "excitement" factor a touch (...). See why we need to get rid of autopilots and FMS?

Seriously, if it is not a hoax, what a prig. Jeez.

7 years 5 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
This is why it's a cockpit, not a flight deck. #5440
What I can't figure out.. is where the hell is the copilot? How do you have time to set up such a scene, take pics, etc...

7 years 5 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
This is why it's a cockpit, not a flight deck. #5443
I'm sure the copilot was taking his own lewd stocking-wearing selfies in some other part of the plane.

7 years 5 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
This is why it's a cockpit, not a flight deck. #5448
It is all Sweeper's fault. I know it, lol!

I hate to think it is real and not a hoax, for more reasons than one. However, the route looks convincing, apparently on UL124, over Iran, abeam ISR VOR. Dehli to Heathrow, probably, with the Flight Level consistent with the track. Not the sort of route you are going to set up on a simulator for recurrent training purposes (I was hoping he might have done this during a break on a sim session while the instructor and FO were having a coffee).

There's no excuse for someone else not being on the flight deck. Flights of that duration carry a reinforced crew by regulation (ie; one or even two more than just the two minimum required, depending on the duration of the total EET, precisely so they can rotate breaks at the controls). I'm actually reeling at how bad this is if it is true, and seething mad at the bloke for the utmost lack of respect for his job, along with the sickening generalizations it can precipitate on those who do this for a living and take it seriously.

This guy is psychotic, and needs help (assuming, again, it is not a hoax).

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds