The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

What's with Red Smoke (Red Side)? Dead GiveAway!

7 years 6 months ago
DieHard
More
Topic Author
What's with Red Smoke (Red Side)? Dead GiveAway! #5354
Hi,

Been playing your server in 2.0 Alpha, Multiplayer, Ground Commander (Red side) in the Boulder City and Moapa missions last week or so. When I place a ground unit in a tactical position, then switch out and leave it, a continuous red smoke gives away its position. I need an even playing field like the 104th Phoenix server in 1.5 has. No need to even consider playing Red with the ground troops if this condition persists.

It is your server, do what you wish.

I also wonder if TacView Pro is allowed on your server? With another PC setup, it has the feature of real time look-around as seeing what is going on, on the other side as intelligence resource. 104th does not allow it.

In 2.0 you have the best server setup with ingenious add-ons. Very well thought out, otherwise.

Take care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
What's with Red Smoke (Red Side)? Dead GiveAway! #5355
There are a couple of instances where that could be triggered:

1. If there is a Gazelle/p51/recon plane flying around it can do that. Only if the recon a/c can see it, and only one at a time.
2. Also it is possible for a human in the Ground Commander (GC) slot to use the JTAC abilities of some vehicles, and he can pop smoke all over the place.
3. On the boulder mission on think there is an areal JTAC (ai) that is flying around at some point which could potentially do that as well.

So there are a few cases in which that could happen, but there is no case in which it 'just happens' with out some user involvement.

7 years 6 months ago
DieHard
More
Topic Author
What's with Red Smoke (Red Side)? Dead GiveAway! #5357
A Blue side Gazelle was flying about in the Boulder mission and targeted the SAM unit once I left it. Did not do a wide area recon in F7 before I left; will not make that same mistake twice.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

I think your server options' original ideas are best I have seen in 1.5 or 2.0 and I have been around awhile.

Ground troops commander position is a bit of fun!

7 years 6 months ago
LokiV7
More
What's with Red Smoke (Red Side)? Dead GiveAway! #5359
It was probably me (Gazelle). I usually run as FAC on the Boulder mission, since it helps the A10/Mirage/F5 guys practice hitting lasered targets. If you're talking about the ____ (whatever it is that shows up as O6 on my RWR) just southwest of Nellis (very close), I did spot that one on my way to Boulder. A second Gazelle killed it after it was marked; I couldn't get it because i'd left without any missiles.

Normally, I head out to the dam from the east side of Nellis, but we had already marked/killed everything over there, so this time I left from the west side and headed south and almost immediately tagged an AA vehicle out of nellis.

--

7 years 6 months ago
runny
More
What's with Red Smoke (Red Side)? Dead GiveAway! #5361
Hi diehard, been a while!

7 years 5 months ago
DieHard
More
Topic Author
What's with Red Smoke (Red Side)? Dead GiveAway! #5459
Hi Runny,

Think I met you on the S77th's server. I think the moderator got himself a bunch of kids and is working too much. Haven't seen his server up in quite awhile. He changed the server's name to MadDog or something similar. Have not seen Konkussion in a long time, either. That used to be the best server a few years ago; interesting missions like F99th has now.

Take care

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds