The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Star Citizen

7 years 5 months ago
Weaz3L
More
Topic Author
Star Citizen #5344
If anyone is interested, StarCitizen is free to play for a while. The Free Fly will give everyone access to the F7C-M Super Hornet through Sunday, October 30th, 2016.
Try it out. Its still WIP but can be fun. PM if you up for some Universe shenanigans or want to compete in ElectronicAccess.
robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/Free-Fly-Fall-2016

StarCitizen YouTube : www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Enlist and get 5,000 UEC
Use code : STAR-MKBF-R24F
When using this code to enlist, you will recieve 5,000 UEC (United Earth Credits) which can be spent on the website for weapons, ship components or decorations for your Hangar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Star Citizen #5345
I have several hundred dollars invested into this game... every now and then I login and see it's progress..

I''m down!

7 years 5 months ago
Weaz3L
More
Topic Author
Star Citizen #5363
Pretty much the same boat here in terms of investment.
It's definitely moving along. (3 years later) 2.6 should be fun!
Do you go by the same name in SC as in here? I'll add ya to contacts.
You get the chance (if you don't already own it) to fly the F7CM yet?

7 years 5 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Star Citizen #5366
I can hardly fly anything! lol. I never take the time to properly setup my joystick.. and TrackIR doesn't seem to work? that just me?

7 years 5 months ago
DieHard
More
Star Citizen #5376
Thanks.

I installed it. Man, this is way more complicated than DCS. Do I need a college degree to figure out the setup?

I am impressed with the visual graphics. Inside that hangar is pretty cool.

What kind of cash outlay to expect for a basic setup?

7 years 5 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Star Citizen #5377
Just the cost of the ships. Some are quite pricey.

7 years 5 months ago
Weaz3L
More
Topic Author
Star Citizen #5380
Everything in the ElectronicAccess (ArenaCommander:Battle Royale, VanduulSwarm...) runs Top Notch.
The Universe side is a bit on the chops but as far as everything has rolled out...damn impressive. Cant wait til planets....

There is the starter game packages that start at 45$...Either the single/coop(?) Squadron42 single game or the StarCitizen Persistent Universe (MMO side)....which both offer the aurora or the mustang (which can be swapped through free upgrades or to a higher class ship for extra $$$ i.e. faster, stronger, etc.).
Or drop 60$ for the combo (both SQ42 and SC).

Now there are the other packages like the superhornet and gladius and such, but the thing to look for is ship insurance. there is a mechanic planned in which that a type of insurance is going to be used on your ships (destroyed,lost, or stolen). The best is the LTI or LifetimeInsurance. But thats if you want to support the game. To start off is either the 45$ or 60$ route...All the ships will be, allegedly, available to all to acquire in-game... eventually: via sale, trade, other....
There's even a rental option through Electronic Access.
I'm pretty sure you will also get to participate in the ALPHA modules and such....pretty sure. Right now the alpha is at 2.5...In a while patch 2.6 drops and the FPS side with StarMarine comes out and then patch 3.0 (maybe Xmas) with cargo interaction and procedural planets. If you have a an hour or so :

I you have a couple of hours this explains it all :D :

When does the game come out? SOON™ (late 2017 maybe)

BTW: Thanks for using the code. Did you get the extra UEC?

7 years 5 months ago
DieHard
More
Star Citizen #5387
Yes, I have the 5,000 UEC.

Thanks for the links.

Thanks for the freebie intro.

So is this space game another shoot 'em up or are there strategies to playing?

7 years 5 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Star Citizen #5388
they usually give temporary access to ships during a week every so often when there's a major update, its just not quite a full game in my eyes so i uninstalled it at least a year ago, plus my computer at the time couldnt keep up with the frames. that will change though with my upcoming video card / monitor upgrade early next year, gonna grab 2 of the new ati whatever thing that competes with the GTX 1070/80 most likely, a Freesync monitor and another monitor identical to what i have now, so ill have a 144hz-ish monitor front and center, and 2 x 2560/1440 screens at 96 hz on the sides, im not going 4K yet, the graphical power isnt quite there to run 4K at a decent frame rate and i value frame rate over resolution at this moment in time. hopefully, anything over 60 will suffice for those side screens at least, should make for a pretty sweet setup i believe, we will see.

By the way i was an early backer for this project too years ago, i went ahead and bought the 325A interdictor, i believe it was $80.. seemed steep at the time, even though now i'm a lifetime member of Elite ($200 toatal-ish) and most of DCS *( lets not talk about DCS pricing :P ) so i guess its not too bad in the grand scheme of things. i didn't want to spend too much money up front and get end game material immediately, there's less joy of progress then if you don't have to work a bit to get all the ships you want. but that's just me

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds