Company: K&K Travel
Aircraft: Carenado C90 GTX 4
Flight Date: April 16 2016
Departure: 05h37 (03h38 GMT)
Arrival: --
To: ----
Nbr of Passengers: 6

Accident Report:

The aircraft crashed at 06h11 hitting ground at 81 kt with a vert. speed of -977 ft/m.
There were no known failures on this aircraft at the time of the accident.The cause of the crash remains unknown, most probably it was due to human error. No emergency was declared before the crash.

Casualties:
-6 passengers aboard
3 killed
2 injured
-Pilot injured

Report:

Flight Distance: 87 Nm Landing Speed: --
Time Airborne: 00h31:39 Landing Touchdown: --
Flight Time (block): 00h32:15 Landing Pitch: --
Time On Ground: 00h01:25 Landing Weight: --
Average Speed: 165.99 kt Total Fuel Used: 263 lbs
Climb Time: 00h10:58 Climb Fuel Used: 122 lbs
Cruise Time: 00h10:59 Cruise Fuel Used: 109 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 253.36 kt (M0.39) Cruise fuel/hour: 599 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h09:42 Descent Fuel Used: 31 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Terror and grief. (0%)

Crash Financial Report:

Taking into account the state of the aircraft and its current resale value after the crash. The insurance company decided to pay a total of $1,113,345 which represents 28.16% of the resale value. You can now decide to repair or sell the wreck. The insurance will pay all other damages. The insurance rate increased by 1.06% and is now 5.38%.
Total Sim Income: $1,113,345

Company Reputation:

Due to the crash, your company reputation is now: 49% (-10.19 decrease)

Overall Flight Result: Crash

Pilot's Penalty points: -1200 points
The aircraft hit ground at 81 kt with a vertical speed of -977 ft/m. There was no failure aboard this aircraft before the crash and some passengers died because of pilot error. (-850)
Stalling an aircraft full of passengers is NOT a good idea. (-350)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
FSX:OUCH #3690
Dear Pilot.

All of us at the Board hope you will make a speedy and complete recovery. When you are able, we would be much obliged if you could please follow the established procedure, and fill out and file the following Form, found on this page .

Thank you for your kind attention.

Regards.

Instepctor L.O.L

PS. Tracer, no bad taste intended, just having a chuckle at your adventure and reminding ourselves what we would have to go through in such an event if it really happened. I unfortunately had to be on a crash site recovery team once, back in 2001, when a school R-172K flew into a mountain on a night training flight. It is grizzly stuff.

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
FSX:OUCH #3699
I not only do I post these so that you all can get a laugh at my expense.. but more importantly to solicit your sagely advice. :)

7 years 11 months ago
Wizard
More
FSX:OUCH #3701

Good Advise:
STAY AWAY FROM WAR ZONES, YOU WILL GET SHOT DOWN! :woohoo:

Bad Advise:
When pointing nose down, don't increase throttle! (Unless you're running from a SAM in that C90) LMAO!

7 years 11 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
FSX:OUCH #3702
glad you survived the accident, and no doubt will continue to fly for the same company :P 1,000 feet per minute decent in a stall, nice. i like the passenger opinion line : terror and grief

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
FSX:OUCH #3703
Yes, but their terror and grief was at 0% which I find strange..

As far as my decent rate.. I was going for "lawn dart"

7 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
FSX:OUCH #3704
Hmm...

:lol:

First, huge thanks to Wizard for his suggestion regarding the Just Flight DC-3 add on. It was exactly what I was looking for; some good old fashioned instrumentation and rudimentary navaids in something not ridiculously slow but also not too fast, enabling re-familiarization with all those little methods of thinking ahead and planning that FMS/EFIS robs the opportunity of to those who never tried it, and withers them for those who did used to use them, once upon a time, in a far away land, there lived a princess and two bears...

Wait...

Here's some screenies...

Old "Spooky" here as an example from the expansion pack! The cockpit is significantly better than the stock DC-3.

Advice? I'm the wrong person, but...

Maybe get into something like that DC-3 first. Learn how to do some basic instrument flying stuff with precision; standard rate turns, constant speed and constant rate climbs and descents (preferably something under 1,000 ft/min to start with, lol!), then mix them up together, to get a good scan going. Look at some performance information on the aircraft you are flying, especially take off and landing distances, weights and cruise fuel consumption. Don't forget Limitations, either. Do some VFR navigation with a nav log you've compiled, once you've got your performance figures. Progress to using bearing info off a navaid (without DME) to assist with your route tracking, learn some holding entry procedures, how to read a VFR chart, review some airspace regulations, study some instrument enroute charts, and finally, use some SIDs, STARs and approach plates integrated into your plan. (Sound like all the stuff I need to do, LOL!)

Looks like a lot? It is no more effort than it takes to get that DCS A-10C under your belt. By the end of it, you'd probably sail through a real Private Pilot's course with an IR.

Here's the sim I started on. LOL! They've come a long way. You couldn't have done a self tutorial program like that outlined above on this...

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds