AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

REDFOR Aircraft?

8 years 3 months ago
runny
More
Topic Author
REDFOR Aircraft? #336
I noticed that most of the time nobody really flies red. Also, most of the new missions only have a couple su-27s as 'aggressors'.

I don't know if it would break these missions, but I still like flying the mig-29s and stuff. I know other people do too but it's just too unbalanced to be much fun.

My thinking is that more red fighters and frogfoots might make things more fun, and since red fighters have datalink, maybe we could use that to balance it out a little more.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

I should also mention the su-33. For me at least, half the reason red sucks so much is because the su-27 is nearly impossible to fly competitively (maybe I suck but still). The su-33 has the same weapons and 2 more hardpoints, and doesn't have the floppy-fish flight model to mess it up.
I could get into all the reasons why red is inferior to blue but I think that's mostly obvious to everyone.
No matter what we do I think red would be underpowered, but more planes and datalink would help a lot IMO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
REDFOR Aircraft? #2416
So more mig29's and su33's?

8 years 3 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
REDFOR Aircraft? #2417
Yeah that sounds good.

I haven't tried spamming ERs in the Su-33 for a long time... :)

8 years 3 months ago
runny
More
Topic Author
REDFOR Aircraft? #2418

And AWACS for red, possibly even invincible AWACS. He would be mostly to even then field against F15s.

It's possible that AWACS would be OP against A-10s and helos though so maybe he would need to be set to fly at a low altitude so he can't see the ground pounders, plus give the F-15s a chance to be sneaky too.

8 years 3 months ago
Arctic
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
REDFOR Aircraft? #2419

You're tempting me to load up the heaters again. :whistle:

8 years 3 months ago
runny
More
Topic Author
REDFOR Aircraft? #2420
Good, you shouldn't leave the ground without them!

8 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
REDFOR Aircraft? #2428
AWACS is really the last thing the REDFOR needs on this mission. They spawn in already with the ability to encircle the BLUEFOR and they know exactly where to find their targets. The whole setup of the REDFOR here is really geared toward harassing the enemy while they try to take care of business in Boulder. Throwing an A-50 in the mix is something to be done in another mission when the teams are at parity.

8 years 3 months ago
runny
More
Topic Author
REDFOR Aircraft? #2437
I wasn't talking about any particular mission. Are you referring to Attack on Boulder?

8 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
REDFOR Aircraft? #2439
Yeah, Attack on Boulder is far and away the most popular mission these days so that's what I assumed you were talking about.

In a mission where Red and Blue are on a similar footing, a red A-50 to match a blue E-3 is perfectly fine.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds