The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

BMS Falcon

8 years 5 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Topic Author
BMS Falcon #259
i recently came across a release for Falcon 4.33.. it has spiked my intrest and im interested in learning more about it from you guys who have experience with it. what are some of the similarities between it and DCS, and what ways is it better / worse. also how does the different aircraft models work? ( are they all included in the game or is it a plugin feature like DCS?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
BMS Falcon #2017
Basically, BMS makes you feel like you're flying an F-16 (or one of the other flyable aircraft) in a war, DCS makes you feel like you're flying a certain aircraft in a Call of Duty-style sandbox.

The other flyable aircraft are free and included in-game.

Also, its not infested with Steam-excrement "how do i spawn" scrubs.

8 years 5 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Topic Author
BMS Falcon #2018
so is BMS a mod to the game or is it its own entity?

8 years 5 months ago
runny
More
BMS Falcon #2019
BMS is a mod for the game Falcon 4.0

I believe the installers for the game and the mod are available in ts and maybe in the download section of the site as well.

8 years 5 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
BMS Falcon #2020
Sweep, that description was woefully inadequate.

BMS Pros:
-Campaign. It features a dynamic campaign that does as good a job at simulating an entire war as anything I've seen yet. It's pretty much the biggest sticking point with people who refuse to accept DCS's superiority over BMS. It's also multiplayer capable.
-F-16. Come on. Who doesn't love an F-16? It's got a whole bunch of blocks and different countries' models and it does a good job to cover most of what the ultimate 4th gen multirole fighter can do. And that's a lot.
-At $0.00, the price is right. Doesn't even cost you much in hard drive space.

BMS Cons:
-Flight models aren't going to live up to what we're used to from DCS in the AFM/PFM age. The F-16 is alright, but at the edges of the envelope you'll get a lot of that arcade-ey feeling BS.
-There are a lot of platforms available besides the F-16, but they're garbage. The only reason the F-16 is good is because it's been through 15 years of refinement. The rest of it is pretty much what you'd expect from a free-to-play mod type of thing. They're better than those DCS mod aircraft that some of you guys use though.

8 years 5 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Topic Author
BMS Falcon #2021
whoh free?, i thought i had to at least buy Falcon 4.0

8 years 5 months ago
Davison
More
BMS Falcon #2022

All you need is the exe from falcon 4 which is in the file browser on ts

8 years 5 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
BMS Falcon #2023
Pyro, your description of the F-16 FM is woefully inadequate.

Seriously dude, whine about the F-15 FM instead. Now THAT feels arcade-ey and like BS.

And btw, what you're saying about DCS is spot on: DCS simulates flight models really well, it just doesn't do much else.

8 years 5 months ago
runny
More
BMS Falcon #2024
Maybe it's just how we've been playing DCS. Maybe some coop missions would make it feel more like a conflict setting.

8 years 5 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
BMS Falcon #2029
I just fired up BMS and am in the process of relearning the game... I haven't flown Falcon since Allied Force in 2006/7. I don't really care for the F-16 very much but the F-4 really interests me... I like the older jets from the 70's and 80's. I hate the lack of quality interactive training in this sim... I guess DCS has spoiled me a little.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds