Official 99th: Ticket to Creech

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Re: Official 99th: Ticket to Creech

Post by TracerFacer » 12 Sep 2017, 00:36

This mission has been getting a lot of play lately.. so I went and mixed things up a bit..

Red team now has their first "Side Mission" - Up until this point, their role has been to just 'stop blue'. This mission aids them in that effort. Here are the details not in the mission briefing:

1. Nellis is now supplied by a warehouse located near boulder.
2. 120's, 530's and Mavericks have been reduced to starting off at 10 units each.
3. Resupply happens at 90% (I.e. if even 1 of the 10 is used, a resupply request is made to the warehouse that has more)
4. Speed of resupply is max (541kts!) checking every 5 mins (may have to tweak this) with a max of 100 tons per trip.

With these settings my plan is that the base always has a stockpile of the above weapons, but should the warehouse get destroyed - there will only be 10 remaining at the base - and then never resupplied again.

There are some warning messages to blue when red gets close to the warehouse.. it has some SAM cover for protection..

If it gets destroyed, a new periodic message will be displayed letting folks know why they don't have those fancy toys.

Enjoy!

Zulu 1
Captain
Captain
United States of America

Post by Zulu 1 » 12 Sep 2017, 01:30

Thanks Tracer. Nice refresh.

Cooper
Major
Major
United States of America

Post by Cooper » 12 Sep 2017, 03:42

Sounds like a fun road trip for my KA-50

Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Germany

Post by Fencer » 12 Sep 2017, 07:10

Now that is one of the cases where my ERs should be replaced with 4x FAB-100s. :D Can't wait to try it out.
"Who doesn't honor Assembly is not worth a JVM." - First thing my teacher said in class
"Nothing sais Honey I'm Home like a stick of dynamite!" - Sam Stone

Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Germany

Post by Fencer » 13 Sep 2017, 21:00

Cooper wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 03:42
Sounds like a fun road trip for my KA-50
Sent 12 Vikhrs up that things hatch and it didn't even flinch. Not sure if the 25ML missiles work but Vikhrs do not.

On a side note, there's a ton of sams defending it...
"Who doesn't honor Assembly is not worth a JVM." - First thing my teacher said in class

Vampyre
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
United States of America

Post by Vampyre » 13 Sep 2017, 22:31

You are going to need around 1500lbs of high explosive or a BETAB-500 to kill the bunker. I don't even think a Kh-29 has the moxie to put a dent into it.

On a side note, is there any way to get a Hip and a warehouse on both Nellis and Groom? I'd like to be able to provide for a means to place additional air defenses should the main ones get knocked out.

Also, I found a random blue smoke in the desert to the west of Groom Lake yesterday... I'm pretty sure it was not supposed to be there.

Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Germany

Post by Fencer » 13 Sep 2017, 22:56

Vampyre wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 22:31
You are going to need around 1500lbs of high explosive or a BETAB-500 to kill the bunker. I don't even think a Kh-29 has the moxie to put a dent into it.
Re-attacked with a toad, the Kedge (Kh-29T) did the job just fine. Not sure if the vikhrs did accumulate damage before but I guess there's only 1 way to find out.
Vampyre wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 22:31
Also, I found a random blue smoke in the desert to the west of Groom Lake yesterday... I'm pretty sure it was not supposed to be there.
I saw that a while ago as well an thought maybe a helicopter dropped it somewhere lol :D

Kocrachon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
United States of America

Post by Kocrachon » 14 Sep 2017, 17:26

I hope constructive criticism is welcomed. :P

So, I have two concerns. Why take away the Super 530s? The Super 530s perform worst than the Aim-7s, and leaves Mirages with only heaters. That basically puts the US in position of having only three F-15s to provide medium range CAP, where as RedFor will have Mig-29, Su-27s, and MIrages. I know its a big deal to defend it, and adds to the element, but I feel like it super gimps the blufor, and really makes it easy to spawn camp blufor, really nerfs a-10s with having no cap AND no missiles, all because of...

2. Its been really easy for me to pull this off thanks to crappy SAM AI logic in the game right now. I have been able to destroy the bunker pretty easily even with CAP waiting for me. Sure, it takes me a long time (about 30-40 minutes) but I am able to fly low enough for the patriots not to engage, and far enough to launch so IR wont get a shot off before I drop a 2000 pounder.

My only change request is either spread out the AA defenses a little more in a bigger circle, so SEAD IS necessary (i took it out with all patriot sites up and F-15 cap waiting for me) or maybe leave the Super 530s for the mirage.

Narokuu
Captain
Captain
United States of America

Post by Narokuu » 14 Sep 2017, 17:59

Kocrachon is correct and i agree fully. especially with the need for SEAD. also speed.

Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Germany

Post by Fencer » 14 Sep 2017, 19:53

Then you might as well do the same to
1) Alamo, Sam sites are too easy to bypass and the AAA doesn't do anything
2) SA-10 Site near Pahrump protecting the Oil Derricks is getting nailed by F-15s. Should say enough about how well it does its job