Official 99th: Ticket to Creech

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Re: Official 99th: Ticket to Creech

Post by TracerFacer » 14 Sep 2017, 19:54

I can't help that SAMs suck now. Doesn't matter where I put them or how I arrange them. If they don't fire, they don't fire. Nothing I can do about that. Pretty frustrating all around.

That being said, if you can hang out for 30-40 mins picking away at that sam site, and then have enough bombs to take out the bunker and not get killed by all the F15's you say are flying around..then you are either uber pilot of the year.. or blue team should mind the stuff that's important to them. Protect your stuff if you want to keep it.

I have already sorta made plans to break that up into 3 separate bunkers - so you don't lose all three toys at the same time. But the whole point of it was to gimp bluefor.

Not opposed to changing stuff.. but I'd like to give it a bit more time to let this bake the way it is. Alot of folks probably are not even aware that I made the change and that there was something there to protect, and so for now making your time of it easier than it would be say.. 6 months from now when everyone is aware that there is something there to protect (and that it's important).

It was a subtle change to the mission in that it was not obvious that I changed anything. But it has far reaching impact. I think if we give it just a bit more time, you will see more effort made to defend that location.

Kocrachon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
United States of America

Post by Kocrachon » 14 Sep 2017, 20:23

TracerFacer wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 19:54

That being said, if you can hang out for 30-40 mins picking away at that sam site, and then have enough bombs to take out the bunker and not get killed by all the F15's you say are flying around..then you are either uber pilot of the year.. or blue team should mind the stuff that's important to them. Protect your stuff if you want to keep it.
I didn't pick away at the SAM at all.

Flew a super low path north, then south to the east side of echo bay, popping up over a hill next to the water to drop off my bombs. I was able to pop up long enough to drop bombs and get instantly shot down by the F-15 in the area. The patriots pinged me but never actually engaged me, even as I was right over target. So F-15s knew I was in the area, but there was so much mountain cover near echo bay for a low flying A-10 to hide behind. I will upload the video (Its a highlight to me anyways).

Maarku tried really hard to find and stop me. And couldn't, even though my CAP (Pyro) decided to nose dive into a hill first.

My only suggestion if you want to keep it as is. would be to add more sam sites in an outer ring, that are not just patriots. Patriots don't seem to do well engaging low flying planes. Maybe add some Avengers or Linebackers to the area.

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by TracerFacer » 14 Sep 2017, 21:06

"Maybe add some Avengers or Linebackers to the area."

I can do that..

Did the manpads or the vulcans fire at all?

I'll have to check the skill settings of each unit.. maybe if I increase that it will fire more.

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by TracerFacer » 15 Sep 2017, 02:52

- up'ed all the skill settings for every sam in the mission.
- gave the 530's back.

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by TracerFacer » 04 Nov 2017, 11:12

- took away sam cover for the aim120 warehouse.
- added helos to the aim120 warehouse area. Build your own D.
- moved all the farps around again.

Kocrachon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
United States of America

Post by Kocrachon » 06 Nov 2017, 02:40

Wasn't the point of the AIM120 warhouse just a "Wet Dream Hard Teamwork" kind of side mission for OpFor? To be frank, I don't really expect many Helo players taking the time to setup defense for that base. Even then, HAWK sites are still pretty broken hit or miss. So it feels like F-15s are about to take a huge nerf so long as Russians have no way of losing ET/ERs.

Vampyre
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
United States of America

Post by Vampyre » 11 Feb 2018, 00:40

Creech mission doesn't have AGM-122 Sidearms at Nellis.

TracerFacer
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Post by TracerFacer » 11 Feb 2018, 18:52

fixed.