Servers Crashing

7 years 2 weeks ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
Servers Crashing #7094
So everyone has been through this enough to know its a problem. (Crashing) To me, it seems that our servers do it the most.

Is there something wrong with the server we are using? Or does the blame belong to ED for the way DCS was made?

Final question... in a perfect world with any resource available.. Could these continual crashes be avoided for F99th?

We have the best missions and I want to see them FLOURISH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Servers Crashing #7095
It's not the hardware. It's DCS. when the Nevada map first came out it was fairly stable. The last few patches have been horrible for stability. I don't know if the complexity of our missions is a factor or not.

With that being said, check this forum thread I posted a while back complaining.. Someone answered... Finally.
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177963&goto=newpost

There is also this thread that I started..
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182627

Not sure what else to do. I've submitted enough logs and have gotten very little in the way of a response.

The whole thing is very frustrating. I'm sick of being disconnected so often so I haven't been playing. Had some new ideas for some missions, but what's the point? They are just going to crash.

Doesn't matter what server we run Nevada on. It crashes! 1.5 is a pretty stable until you try an event like we did with the 16th. Seems good sub 30 players.

Not sure what else we can do. Our hardware is more than enough to run the game. The game just won't run.

7 years 2 weeks ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
Servers Crashing #7096
I hear ya. Here's hoping they fix it.

7 years 1 week ago
LokiV7
More
Servers Crashing #7162
Patch notes:
> DCS сrashes when Shilka hits a FC3 plane.

... maybe take them out for now? (replace shilka's with something else)

7 years 1 week ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Servers Crashing #7163
So far, after I upgraded the 2.0 server, the stability is way way up. I didn't get a single crash today client nor server. So far so good.

7 years 1 week ago
Tricker
More
Servers Crashing #7167
Hopefully they fixed the issues... Was pretty frustrating with this last build. I'm on a trip so I'll be back in four days to test it out.

7 years 1 week ago
Vader
More
Servers Crashing #7168
From the changelog yesterday:

MP. Repairing client no longer causes crash. Fixed an occasional crash that could occur when restarting mission. Other stability improvements.

Unfortunately it seems they could not yet fix several issues ive seen and heard people complaining about, particularly:

M-2000C: Significant performance drop with enabled mirrors when canopy is opened or jettisoned.
MiG-21bis: Significant performance drop when other aircraft placed nearby.
F-15C control axis don't work.

But at least they are acknowledging the issues.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds